Fullstack API Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Continually ideate, scope, develop, deliver, test and iterate features for the constantly evolving API Platform.
- Ensure appropriate levels of automation are adopted (build, deploy, configure, validate, monitor).
- Lead planning, design and implementation of technical solutions for global internal and external customers.
- Represent the bank technically at industry, regulatory API forums and workshops with external partners.
People and Talent
- Liaise with other global technology, data, operations, compliance teams to execute.
- Follow a structured approach to software delivery within the team
- Advocate best practice release and change management protocols for developments consisting of multiple streams.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Take ownership and accountability of squad's deliverables.
- Be a positive contributor to team culture and constructive feedback to peers and partner teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Overall experience of 8+ years in IT industry with at least 4+ years of relevant experience in Java & UI
- Proficient in Java 8+ (preferably 11+) with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Good knowledge of frameworks such as ReactJS, EmberJS, RESTful APIs, HTML5 and CSS.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning and CICD tools like Git or Bitbucket, Jenkins, Ansible, Maven, Gradle
- Knowledge and experience in Container Infrastructure such as Openshift (OCP), Kubernetes, Helm, AWS, Terraform.
- Monitoring and Tracing using tools such as Sysdig, AppDynamics or Elastic stack
- Experienced working in an Agile environment with globally distributed teams
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.