Fund Accountant (Japanese Speaking)
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Apex Fund Services (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- 13 Jul 18 2018-07-13
Apex Fund Services (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. provides fund administration services for hedge funds and private equity funds, which include reviewing fund constitutional documents from an operational perspective, providing accounting services for the funds, as well as calculation of net asset value and investor services for the funds. All books and records are maintained on an integrated platform. Apex Fund Services (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., commenced operations in early 2007, is one of the 35 worldwide offices under Apex Group of Companies. Please feel free to visit our website: http://www.apexfundservices.com.
The Fund Accountant (Japanese Speaking) will be responsible for day to day administration of the funds allocated to him/her and to act as the single point of contact to the fund managers and the investors of the funds. This person will also be responsible for the provision of client support to Japanese fund managers with regards to matters arising from the funds managed by them.
- Answer Operational queries raised by Japanese clients
- Answer queries from Japanese investors of the funds managed
- Maintain books and records of the funds assigned by the supervisor/account manager
- Reconcile cash and investment positions on a period basis
- Process corporate actions to reconcile cash accounts and positions
- Independently price investment positions of the funds on a monthly, weekly or daily basis
- Prepare Net Asset Valuation for the funds on a monthly, weekly or daily basis
- Process subscription and redemption transactions on the funds
- Co-ordinate documentations for capital activities to ensure AML/KYC compliance
- Prepare financial statements and liaise with auditors to ensure timely completion of audits
- Proficiency in spoken and written business Japanese and English is essential
- At least 1 to 3 years of fund accounting or audit experience on funds. Applicant with less experience or fresh graduate will be considered for junior position
- More experienced applicants can apply for a Senior Fund Accountant position
- A University degree majoring in Accountancy
- Advanced Computer Skills.
- A professional designation such a C.A., C.P.A., or C.M.A. etc., would be an asset.
To be successful in these roles, it is envisaged that you are a motivated and self driven individual eager to contribute and grow with the organization. Knowledge of financial products and environments along with prior fund accounting experience will ensure your success. Critical to your ability to perform these roles will be your customer focus, attention to detail and team focus.
We offer a modern and progressive work environment. You can expect to be challenged and offered a path towards future career growth.