- Permanent, Full time
- Citibank NA
- 11 Dec 17
GCG - API Technology Development Lead
GCG - API Technology Development Lead
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 17068232
At Citi, we believe in using the power of modern engineering technologies and practices to improve people's lives. Increasingly, with the adoption of smart phones and watches and the cloud-based computing solutions that back them, individuals carry their compute capabilities on their person allowing them to manage the transactions that make up their lives in the moment and as they see fit.
Our mobile first banking strategy was established to ensure that we embrace this change, leap frogging traditional banking paradigms to drive the creation of the bank of tomorrow. No mean feat. To advance this change, we've spun up a couple of internal initiatives, Agile Citi and Citi FinTech, aimed at demonstrating how independent teams using best of breed technical platforms, development tools and techniques can significantly reduce the time it takes to move from definition to production while increasing product quality, table stakes for solutions that operate in the world of personal finance. Agile Citi is a dramatic re-envisioning of traditional monolithic mainframe banking systems leveraging best of breed open source cloud computing capabilities to create functionally discreet micro services.
Established as a startup in late 2015, Citi FinTech is the internal future-forward competitor designed to ensure that our customers always have the very best capabilities the financial industry has to offer available at their fingertips by creating an ecosystem of collaborative financial web services. At Citi, we believe in the bank of tomorrow. And we believe ruthless backlog prioritization, incremental delivery and short-interval scheduling are the tools that will take us there.
We are searching for a certain kind of person who is excited by the idea of owning; people who like to build new platforms, features and services. This position requires collaboration with UX designers, product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams. You should be comfortable with ambiguity with a desire to create, iterate and improve.
In this role you will develop and launch new mobile products and extend platform functionality as part of our next generation strategy. You will work closely with product management, technical program managers, designers and other engineers to define design approaches, prototype new technologies and evaluate technical feasibility to deliver value to our customers.
We care about building high-quality software flexible and robust enough to maintain balances and handle transactions across a variety of account types for millions of customers with the integrity expected of state of the art financial systems. Innovation with these scaling and security constraints provides a unique set of opportunities. We dive deep to insist on the highest standards in architecting, coding, testing, deploying and maintaining every aspect of our offerings. If you're thrilled by the idea of ownership, passionate about creating new features and services from scratch, and think you can manage the ambiguity and pace, we would love to connect with you.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with product management, UX designer, governance and your scrum team to design and deliver new and innovative customer solutions
- Bring to bear your experience leveraging best in class tools and technologies (CI/CD, cloud computing, web service development) to refine and improve software development practices for your team
- Engage in innovative problem solving activities, requiring conceptual thinking creating 'out of the box' solutions with prototypes and pilots
- Play role of a technical lead as well as a senior developer role for APIs and Micro-services
This ideal Candidate will meet the below requirements:
- Bachelors or Masters preferably in Science & Technology related field
- Must have 12+ years of experience in Banking / Financial technology
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Manage stakeholder expectations across different regions
- Design & implement technical architectures across different systems and regions
- Mobile and UI development experience will be a plus
- Should be able to attend night calls with US counterparts once or twice a week