- Permanent, Full time
- Citibank NA
- 21 Nov 17
GF - APAC KYC Cards Program Lead
GF - APAC KYC Cards Program Lead
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17074132
AML Global KYC - Core Job Requirements
Position: KYC Compliance Officer - Global Cards Programs - C13/C12
Citi provides Consumers, Corporations, Governments and Institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including Consumer Banking and Credit, Corporate and Investment Banking, Securities Brokerage and Wealth Management. Citi's Operations account for a substantial proportion of the world's currency movements, hence regulatory focus on the strength of our controls around Anti-Money Laundering.
Citi's Know Your Customer (KYC) Program (OneKYC) has been created to migrate from a multiple-policy program organized by line of business and geography to a program that takes a globally consistent approach to identifying and managing AML risk. The Program entails new Global KYC Policy and Standards, new Client Risk Scoring Model, standardized workflows and reporting of KYC metrics from all business lines, and the development of a new KYC platform (CitiKYC) with implementation cross-business and cross-borders
The Global Cards APAC KYC lead leverages AML expertise, strong risk management skills to define policy, standards and guidelines for the global Cards business across all portfolios including but not limited to actively managing, monitoring and measuring the Money Laundering Know-Your-Customer risk in relation to the on-boarding and maintenance of Citi cards business clients across all geographies.
The Global Cards APAC KYC lead is responsible for the end-to-end policy design and rollout of the OneKYC Program for the Cards business. Additionally, (s)he is also responsible for implementation of Global KYC training plan for AML Compliance within the regions.
The OCC is the primary regulator for Citi and the FRB is the primary regulator for the Cards business. The AML programs are being driven by global and applicable local regulatory expectations, and have to be addressed in a timely manner, with the highest quality and on a sustainable basis.
The Global Cards APAC KYC lead interacts at the senior executive level within Citi, including Regional and Global Compliance leaders, Global Business leads, senior Auditors and Regulators, Technology, the AML industry, academia, etc.
- Implement the global strategy and design of the OneKYC program for the Cards business
- Lead the end-to-end process for all KYC-related policies, standards, and guidelines aimed at setting the framework for execution of risk processes and management of AML risk in adherence to the strict standards specified by Citi's principal Regulators, Compliance Testing, and Internal Audit
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for KYC-related matters, provide input and guidance, as well as establish the framework necessary to effectively implement and maintain the Global KYC Cards Standard, Global AML KYC Policy and related Standards which apply to the Cards business
- Develop and maintain strong business knowledge of risk related to the Cards business, included but not limited to Cards Issuing and Merchant Acquiring.
- Provide oversight on the prioritization, design and change management of BRD/FRD, and rollout of enhancements to CitiKYC to ensure compliance with Cards KYC Standard
- Manage and influence relationships with senior Global, regional and local Compliance, Business leads
- Oversee the implementation of the Cards KYC program, including the design and change management of the program, implementation of Interim Compensating Controls, and global rollout of CitiKYC, for GCB Cards portfolios for both Brands and Citi Retail Services businesses, in response to the FRB Consent Order
- Support the development of a Citi KYC migration strategy for the cards portfolios within APAC and EMEA regions, as applicable
- Act as a stakeholder with Compliance and business Technology, in addition to the Cards businesses (Brands and Citi Retail Services) as well as Cards Operations to ensure that the CitiKYC platform operates effectively and efficiently to address KYC requirements
- Develop innovative solutions and apply effective problem solving to remove any barriers and challenges to the effective execution of overall KYC strategy
- Actively participate and contribute to senior global and regional committees, including the Policy & Standards Subcommittee, and the KYC/AML Risk Subcommittee
- Be the APAC focal-point responsible for development of training materials for Regional and Country AML Compliance teams, in partnership with Global Training team, and oversee the implementation of the Training Plan, including design and change management, for APAC KYC
- Leverage and transfer subject matter knowledge as all-KYC Training SME, to the role of oversight of the Cards program and its variances
- Operate as an effective member of the APAC OneKYC Team responsible for the execution of these responsibilities regionally and consistently in line with our commitments to Citi's Regulators
- To undertake this job effectively and successfully, the individual would have in the region of 8+ years of AML/KYC experience, including 5 years in program management
- The job requires a bachelor's degree, preferably in finance, economics, business allied areas
- Technology management experience in a financial institution is desirable given the enhanced and significant dependence on rolling out new systems and processes
- Experience should include detailed knowledge and understanding of Cards products offered
- The job requires developed risk management, people management, organizational, communication, negotiating and influencing skills, together with the ability to problem solve and think strategically, and to work to deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Developed inter-personal skills, relationship management and influencing skills are essential
- The ability to operate with all levels of management to combine strategic thinking with focused execution