GF - Cyber Forensics Senior Investigator - Vice President
The CSIS Lead Investigator is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Responsibilities:
- An Investigator will be responsible for the coordination and investigation of high level fraud matters and/or network security incidents
- This role will utilize sophisticated expertise in investigative interviewing, fraud identification, loss prevention, network security, cyber enabled fraud, to identify fraud activities, schemes, trends and organized rings that create a risk to our firm, its employees, shareholders, systems, assets and clients
- Conduct proactive, complex, variable and high profile/sensitive investigations with the goal of developing cases to a successful conclusion and providing timely fraud preventive intelligence to business and functional partners
- Actively engage partners and management to ensure they are kept apprised of any significant changes during the progress of an investigation
- Responsible for the recovery of losses through court ordered restitution, property or direct payment by suspects
- Build external relationships with members of law enforcement, industry peers and other sources of support
- Engage with internal and external suspects, witnesses and third parties through interview and interrogation, evidence collection and forensic examination
- Represent Citi in criminal and civil court matters and have the ability to show knowledge and provide accurate and supportive testimony
- Mentor and train junior staff members
- Brief others on an ongoing investigations/investigative projects
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Ability to conduct investigative interviews and recording techniques that tie the facts and evidence together
- Experience investigating complex and variable case(s) that has substantial impact
- Understanding of forensic and eDiscovery processes and procedures to include the collection, examination, and analysis of data while preserving integrity and maintaining a strict chain of custody
- Experience representing/testifying in criminal and civil court matters
- Conveys mastery of investigative concepts
- Demonstrated report writing that would present the case and evidences gathered in a cohesive and comprehensive manner
- Knowledge of financial products, frauds and trends
- Previous US Intelligence, military, law enforcement, law firm or government service background
- Experience working in an in-house investigations team
- Professional certifications (CPA, CAMS, CFE and CFF)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, & SharePoint for compiling written reports and spreadsheets on an investigation
- Flexibility to work on call off hours/weekends during critical project phases, if necessary
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .