- $180000 - $240000 per annum
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings Singapore
- 28 Feb 18
General Manager - Dry Bulk Chartering & Operations
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: $180000 - $240000 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
General Manager ¨C Dry Bulk, Chartering, Ship Operations, Post Fixure, Ship owner, Bulk Commodities, Location: Singapore, Salary: Highly Competitive.General Manager – Dry Bulk, Chartering, Ship Operations, Post Fixure, Ship owner, Bulk Commodities, Location: Singapore, Salary: Highly Competitive.
An expansion role with an established ship owner in Singapore. The incumbent will be responsible for the overall chartering and operations team.
- Responsibility of company’s overall performance of ship operation and chartering department
- To identify period chartering opportunities and evaluate potential returns of these vessels within the company’s bulk business.
- Commercially manage company’s dry bulk fleet to optimize revenue
- Ensure safe and smooth daily operations of vessels
- Communication between ship owners, cargo owners, on-board crew, ship brokers, etc.
- Minimum 12+ years experience in dry bulk chartering and operations
- In-depth understanding of the dry bulk market
- Experience with chartering and operations software such as Veson Nautical’s IMOS, etc.
- Able to cope with work pressure and prepared to work outside office hours
- Must be able to speak English and Mandarin as will be liaising with Chinese based colleagues and clients
This role will offer a talented and experienced general manager the chance to develop their career with an expanding shipping company. Candidates applying for the role should be entrepreneurial in nature, hard working, and driven.
To apply please send a word copy of your resume to;