Global Category Manager, Enterprise Technology
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Work with the business functions leads to produce a needs assessment that is aligned to their business plans.
- Creates an Enterprise Technology aligned Category Management strategy that focuses on supplier cost reduction, through needs assessments, consolidation and expense / demand management.
- Agrees an Enterprise Technology aligned Category management action plan with the business.
- Creates a global view of Enterprise Technology aligned Category needs by ensuring the global cross functional teams input to develop and agree on the global category management strategy.
- Leads and executes global initiatives. Define ownership framework for execution of the non global initiatives with each regional head and with the tactical sourcing hub lead.
- Implements regular category workflow reviews to ensure all stakeholder requests are being owned by a member of the SCM team. Any gaps to be escalated to line managers.
- Creates cost efficiencies and support expense line management by directly mapping saves to the GL.
- Meets or exceeds global category saves targets.
- Leads effective governance and controls for supplier risk management across the bank, manage the vendor and contract management framework in the region.
- Supports the business functional vendor management teams in day 2 supplier matters.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Key stakeholder interactions are Global Business / Function Heads
- SCM regional teams; Regional Heads, Regional Category Managers, In country sourcing managers
- Cross functional teams during category management development and during strategic sourcing events. This include, but not limited to, Business stakeholders, Legal, Compliance, Tax and Finance
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Sourcing professional with 8 plus years of experience in a senior role managing a Technology category
- Data centre and Infrastructure knowledge and advanced understanding of the market
- Experience with Software category would be an advantage
- High level of contractual awareness
- Good commercial acumen
- Advanced analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to be a creative strategic thinker and execute against approved category strategies
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong project management
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications; Educated at undergraduate level
- Knowledge of the bank's structure and the products / services it provides to its clients
- Professional Memberships; CIPs or similar
- Bank training; Code of Conduct, AB&C, Basic Principles of Banking and other mandatory learning
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.