Global Market IT Application FO Support for FX electronic Trading platforms
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Be part of a global team providing services directly to the global FX businesses within the Global market group of BNPP.
It is First and Second line support (3rd line being development).
In Singapore, our users are mainly traders. Our users are primarily in Singapore though present in all 13 sites in Asia pacific. Due to the follow the sun, we may sometimes assist users located in Europe and America.
The systems are used globally with major server hubs in London, New York and Singapore.
The FX business has over 100 traders in 4 centres, and is headquartered in London. Its management is committed to raising its level to a position within the top 5 of FX banks through investment in the business and technology.
The FX eTrading Support team handles connections to FX markets (Reuters, EBS, FXall, Currenex, 360T …), connection to huge number of direct clients, Order Management, Pricing, Hedging, Market Making, Market Taking, Algorithmic trading.
Most of the solutions are internal development but some vendor solutions are also used.
Support staff is organize globally on a Follow the Sun model. Handovers from New York and to London
Shift Rotas in a team 4 are in place to cover
• From 01:00am SIN time to 7pm SIN time every Mondays, on a rotation basis;
• From 5:30am or 6:30am SIN time to 7pm SIN time from Tuesday to Friday, depending on NYK season, on a rotation basis;
• Bank holiday cover, on a rotation basis;
• Occasional weekend work (DR drill, major release sanity checks, etc);
Incident and Problem Management
• Manage/Own P1/P2 incidents and problems end to end;
• Communicates with internal users and management over incidents and post-mortems;
• Diagnoses issues: establishes their root case.;
• Initiates task force over critical incidents;
• Liaises with upstream and downstream systems support teams as appropriate;
Application Monitoring and follow up
• Responsible for global uptime target of 99.9%, across the whole FX ETR platform;
• Coverage of below FX applications production implementation, troubleshooting and monitoring:
o Market access (connectivity, protocol definition issues, latency analysis);
o Algorithmic hedging (strategies, orders configuration, OR setup);
o Algorithmic (GTD, GTC) and OBO trading (stop, limit, call, fixings, linked orders);
o Pricing (Spot/Outright) ;
o Market making BNP Gateways (spot/outright/STP trading);
o Market taking platforms (liquidity sourcing);
o Position management and integration;
o Booking flow and related coherence cache;
o Client orders management platform;
• Monitors application state and input/output data correctness throughout the day, hand-over with follow the sun support teams;
• Performs system administration;
Knowledge Management and Documentation
• Documents support procedures on wiki;
• Owns team knowledge base on wiki for all in-scope applications;
• Provides support to end-users on how to use the application;
• Ensures Follow-the-Sun and regional support teams are trained as required, in particular over new releases;
• Communicates a daily handover document to Follow-The-Sun support teams, where appropriate;
Continuous Service Level improvement
• Ensures that all application support logs are fit for purpose, ie meaningful and actionable;
• Actively seeks reduction of dependency on manual interventions by support staff, e.g leveraging enterprise batch scheduling and enterprise monitoring tools;
• Implement self-recovery and automated detection of incident leveraging on learnings from past incidents;
Maintenance and enhancements
• Participates to release cycles for functional validation on staging/preproduction and production environments;
• Review release and coordinate around deployment/post release checks;
• Communicates Release Notes;
As expertize builds up over the years - Project and specific tasks
• Gather requirements from business users and clarify them in high level specs to dev, then coordinate the deployment with business and development teams;
• The senior team are also responsible, from an IT perspective, for specific client onboarding on 3rd platform including go-live certification;
• Various project are also managed by the team, all related to support: most of the tasks are incident response, business request or maintenance;
• Project can also include management application impact of database or MQ systems migration for example;
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
• Good knowledge of FX business and electronic trading principles (Spot/Outright pricing, Fixings, VD calculation, CC & AV, Spot push, Rollback/rollover, Fixings, etc…)
• Strong SQL: PL/SQL , Oracle
• Knowledge of using Windows and Unix commands
• Development : Excel macro and VBA is a must. Python, C++, java is a plus
• Monitoring: Autosys, Geneos
• Knowledgeable in ITIL processes
Just be aware of:
• Market Data mechanisms and protocols (RMDS, FIX, TOF)
• Existence of used technologies: FIX, TCP/IP, TIBRV, MQSeries and other middleware
• Flexibility/Adaptability in working hours to cope with the business and team's needs
• Analysis and communication
• Ability to clearly explain technical issues
• Ability to work under pressure in a changing environment
• Capability to cope calmly with stressed users facing system issues
• Strong sense of issue ownership and business accountability
• Problem solving minded
• Willingness to learn
• Strong desire to investigate and resolve issues in the short term (workaround / setting up procedure) and Longer term (participate to the definition of proper fix)
• Genuine interest in support
• Interest to work in financial IT and learn the business.
• Inquisitive mind
• Good personal organisation to follow up simultaneously a very large number of support issues
• Understand users' need and convert them to IT realisable
Specific Qualifications Required
First class degree of top university or top french engineering school, with strong scientific background - mathematical or/and IT
At least 2 years' experience in a similar role as Front office application support in FX domain.
Fluent in written and verbal English.
Fluent in verbal French would be a great asset over other candidates.