Global Subsidiary Group - ASIA Regional Account Manager Head
The County Industry Head is a senior management-level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department to raise funds in the capital markets and provide clients with strategic advisory services in coordination with the Institutional Banking team. The overall objective of this role is to ensure the seamless delivery of investment strategies and advisory services to our public and private clients. Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience:
- Understand regional and emerging market trends to identify growth opportunities, anticipate obstacles and communicate a forward-looking vision that is responsive to changes in the environment.
- Responsible for overall parent relationship management of clients and providing a wide range of treasury and corporate finance solutions, including cash management, trade, vendor finance, FX, general credit, loans, debt capital markets, share repurchase, and interest rate and equity derivatives.
- Drive client planning, product agnostic cross selling, client access, and effective capital allocation within the Institutional Client Groups (ICG) Coverage Banker proposition.
- Translate Citi's strategy into an effective and efficient Corporate Bank business plan and drive a healthy balance between near-term and long-term priorities.
- Responsible for meeting revenue goals and other goals related to budget, risk management, and credit allocation in partnership with Global Capital Management (GCM) and Risk.
- Drive innovation and speed to market and promote cross selling of products across the full ICG platform.
- Partner with Investment banking team to drive and execute episodic transactions and with key stakeholders, including Risk and GCM, to allocate capital prudently, appropriately and in adherence to all Citi risk policies.
- Ensure client relationships and proposed client solutions meet or exceed internal risk and return standards, including stringent ethical standards and anticipated future changes in the marketplace.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Lead a team of Senior Regional Bankers (RAMs) based in Singapore, Hong Kong and Shanghai who are each assigned regional coverage of select ICG clients across Industry verticals.
- Own a portfolio of accounts as a RAM across one of the Industry verticals.
- Role will entail being a player and coach and leading by example. Role will entail a high degree of people development, mentoring and empowerment.
- Be the Senior Client Stakeholder for the APAC RAM managed clients.
- Work closely with APAC regional industry champions (across BCMA), global industry groups, and industry focused investment banking teams to ensure we are delivering an integrated ICG to our clients.
- Industry specialization to deliver better ideas, coverage and execution to our regional clients.
- Complete P&L Ownership of the Client Portfolio across the Asia Pacific region
- Work with the RAMS on business planning and strategy to deliver sustain business growth.
- As the Lead Regional Banker for the portfolio, responsible for leveraging the Citi franchise (regional and global) and delivering Citi to our clients across the APAC Region
- Responsible for Deal Origination ( across TTS / Markets & BCMA ), Overall relationship Returns (through Credit Optimization) and Cross-Sell (Revenue Gaps)
- Responsible for ensuring Seamless Delivery of the Citi network, lead client initiatives and bridge the geographic coverage gap between PAMs, in-country SAMs and GSG Client Desk .
- Partner with the PAM Teams and be responsible for leading and driving the client coverage strategy for the APAC Region
- Lead the effort with product partners to identify, structure and deliver bespoke solutions across the product universe
- Understand and evaluate client risks and apply established policies and guidelines
- Responsible for Prospecting within the aforementioned industry sectors and be the knowledge champion for the Geography (intra-APAC) & Products as identified and assigned
- Capitalize on the structured funding and FX opportunities the current environment is providing. Strong knowledge of FX products, derivatives, structured lending represents strong pluses for the candidate.
- Identify and anticipate RFP cycles that would represent a window of opportunity to penetrate low 'share of wallet' relationships.
- Work on deep account planning, analyze share of wallet, competitive position of the bank and growth opportunities
- Develop relationships at CFO level and identify key CEOs and Senior decision making levels in order to incorporate strategic corporate finance solutions as part of the array of our offering.
- Important focus on Content Delivery by capitalizing on the work produced internally in Citi (e.g. FSG), industry expertise as well as by being fully acquainted of the external business, economic and operating environment in the relevant industry and within APAC.
- Build a strong pipeline of (i) Assets, both on Trade and LPM side, either traditional lending opportunities or structured lending solutions, (ii) Episodic transactions capitalizing rapidly on the dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate in-depth and broad product expertise, in particular those with more complex characteristics: Capital Markets, Fixed Income and Derivatives, Export Agency Financing, and other Structured Financings
- Good understanding of the local / regional competitive environment
- Excellent People manager managing cross functional teams
- Established track record of strong Partnership skills with Product, RIsk & Support.
- Self-starters who are willing to OWN, LEAD and DRIVE the APAC client relationship
- Product versatility desired across Risk / CTS / LPM / Markets & CMO
- Experience in dealing with multiple geographies while working in coverage positions
- Strong Appreciation of Cultural and Matrix sensitivities
- Overall banking (CIB) experience of minimum 15 years of which, at least 10 years of Front-Line Coverage experience
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience)
- MBA qualification or advanced degree would be highly advantageous (or equivalent experience)
- Senior Credit Risk Officer Designation preferable.
- Strong communication / presentation skills (both written & verbal)
- Analytical skills: quickly assimilating new information, differentiating which facts are relevant and which are not, and taking responsibility for decisions taken
- Open-minded, transparent, team-worker
- Able to establish and build relationships with ease
- Self-driven and self-confident
- Mature individuals with demonstrated leadership (at an individual transactor or team level) skills
C-Level : C16 Job Family Group:
Institutional Banking Job Family:
Corporate Banking Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting