Group Audit - Regional Data Analyst, Principal Auditor - Assistant Vice President
Position Overview Description
Reporting to the Head of the Data Analytics in Frankfurt, the Data Analyst will be member of Group Audits center of excellence (CoE) for Data Analytics. This CoE is responsible to support all functions of Group Audit with data analytics services and audit automation solutions. As a newly founded team, the Data Analyst will do pioneer work in projects and help Group Audit to establish innovative and effective processes which will become instrumental for the success of the function. Key Responsibilities
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Evaluate data analytics requests and work collaboratively with auditors, data owners and developers to deliver working solutions and analytics in an agile and iterative manner.
- Identify data analytics opportunities and use cases, liaise with the audit teams, and perform any standard or advanced/ specialized analytics work.
- Identify automation opportunities and develop solutions that simplify audit processes and make them more efficient.
- Driving innovation across Group Audit, leveraging the experience gained and data collected from successful data analytic projects.
- Promote the adoption and integration of data science into the Group Audit organisation and inspire Group Audit colleagues by sharing background on successful adoption.
- Apply highest quality standards as your solution will become an integral part of audit execution processes.
- Develop and present success stories to GA management and internal stakeholders.
- Master or Bachelor Degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university (or equivalent) in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Chemistry etc.) or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience working within data analytics teams and developing data analytics and automation solutions.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in an understandable manner.
- Goal oriented structured thinking and effective organisational skills
- Experience applying data science techniques to solve real world problems (machine learning, advanced statistics, text analytics, NLP etc.)
- Experience using a broad range of tools, including some of the following:
- Big Data and NoSQL (Hadoop, Spark, Casandra)
- Data Preparation (SQL, ETL, Warehouse architecture, OLAP)
- Programming (Python, R, Java, PySpark, sparklyr, Scala)
- Modelling Packages (Pandas, Scikit Learn, NLTK, Spacy, Spark ML)
- Reporting and Visualization (Tableau, QlikSense, matplotlib, seaborn, D3, networkx)
- A creative technologist passionate about data and information
- Innovative, creative, articulate and able to work directly with a broad range of stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate examples of previous successful deliveries and a track record in providing insight and innovation through the application of good data science principles
- Ideally first experience in audit functions.
- International experience, coupled with a familiarity of working within the operational requirements of a global bank.
- Strong strategic/analytical thinking and capacity to develop and drive positive change.
- Ability to work in virtual, global teams in a matrix organisation and transfer knowledge and develop capability of team members.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.