Group Product Manager, Payables Management - Global Transaction Services (GTS)
Global Transaction Services (GTS) comprises of Cash & Trade, Securities Services and Fiduciary Services.
In an increasingly borderless world marked by burgeoning trade flow, expertise in trade finance services is an invaluable asset. With cash the lifeblood of every company, so too, is a good understanding of how to manage these cashflows. Trade Finance, together with Cash Management, is the mainstay of GTS, and is extended to SME and corporate clients for their local and cross-border financial transaction needs.
In Cash & Trade, you will be part of the product management team that provides seamless and cost-effective solutions to customers. Whether it is through conducting market research, or by enhancing a product or system's features to meet customers' needs, you will have every opportunity to shape the business. You will also be exposed to a myriad of Trade and Cash Management products through joint visits with our relationship managers. Responsibilities
The selected candidate will join the group payments product management team. The payments product team manages the suite of outgoing and incoming payments, covering cross-border and domestic payments, for corporates and financial institutions, across DBS geographic footprint.
- Product planning and strategy, product development, market analysis, commercialisation and P&L management of payments products are key deliverables;
- Focus on digital innovations and disruptions in the payments landscape to identify and exploit new opportunities,with suitable solutions;
- Drive new capabilities and initiatives for payments products across the group, with focus on electronic payments, digitisation, developments in the payments ecosystem as well as digital transformation;
- Identify and implement opportunities to drive payments innovation, revenues and volumes;
- Effective product development for payments products, encompassing conceptualising and bringing to market new products, solutions to meet customer needs across the DBS footprint;
- Work effectively with sales, RM, implementation, technology, operations, legal and compliance, finance etc to drive the product. Provide expertise on regional capabilities and structuring client-solutions for key mandates;
- Drive product management and commercialisation strategy for payments products. Develop marketing collaterals, training materials and presentations.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience;
- Extensive experience in payments products, preferably product management;
- Strong knowledge of transaction banking, esp. payments products in Asian markets;
- Experience in working on SWIFT-related areas and with Nostro Banks is recommended;
- Experience in managing large, multi-country projects;
- Good interpersonal and communication and skills as well as experience in structuring solutions for clients;
- Leadership qualities to manage projects as well as multiple partners and stakeholders;
- Understanding of the relationship and inter-dependencies across product groups and units;
- Ability to work both as an individual as well as a team member;
- An independent individual with attention to detail and strong analytical skills;
- Ability to think creatively and strategically;
- Experience in managing products across multiple countries is a plus.