Group Strategy AVP
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Singapore , EA Licence No: 11C5502
- 31 Oct 17 2017-10-31
This is an APAC group strategy role with a top tier investment bank. Keen to speak with management consultants (3 - 5 years of experience) from top management consultancy firms.
About Group Strategy
The Group Strategy function, reporting to the Group Head of Strategy, provides an independent "check and challenge" function around Business strategies for the Group, with a primary focus on ensuring decisions are made in the best interests of shareholders, and provides implementation and execution excellence for Group-wide projects. Projects are high profile, senior management sponsored and focused on delivery of tangible commercial benefits.
The function operates globally with team members in London (principally covering EMEA), New York (covering the Americas) and Singapore/Hong Kong. The Global team has a headcount of approximately 40 professionals. The operational model resembles that of a strategy consultancy with work generally being carried out by teams assembled according to project needs, work load and team expertise/skills. Smaller initiatives may be carried out by "teams" of one. All team members are expected to multi-task.
Given the broad scope of work undertaken by the Strategy function and its position in the Group Centre, talented individuals with experience in the team are well-placed to pursue careers in a wide range of different areas of the bank if they choose.
Dynamic working gives everyone at the bank the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives; if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Overall purpose of role
Assistant Vice President in Group Strategy working with VPs, Directors and Managing Directors to support and deliver on a wide range of strategic projects and initiatives. The role will involve close partnership with Group stakeholders, regional management, business teams and functions to help them develop and execute their strategies.
- Supporting key global projects leveraging strategic and technical skillset
- Supporting regional management on business management projects and preparing internal / external management presentations
- Playing a key role in project teams assisting in the design and implementation of strategic solutions across the Group
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Able to develop relationships and work in a team environment
- Experience of managing relationships, collaborating and coordinating with internal stakeholders across Group Strategy, the Group and in individual businesses
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Developing thinking around strategically important issues including
- Independently identifying analyses that are required, assigning to self or others and managing integration to conclusions
- Leveraging network and personal knowledge to source required information internally and externally
- Preparing synthesised summaries of key insights and presenting analysis and insight in a professional format with strong attention to detail
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Bank's Policies and Policy Standards.
- Knowledge of key Banking / Financial Services performance drivers, risk concepts and regulatory developments
- 3 to 5 years of work experience from a strategy consulting firm, investment banking role or corporate strategy department of a blue chip financial services company would be advantageous
- Strong numeracy skills
- Creative mindset with a strong interest in strategic projects
- Project management capability and judgement to appropriately prioritise activities in order to deliver to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment, multi-tasking where required
- High energy, with the ability to inspire and lead others
- Strong communication skills