HR Business Partner (1 year contract)
- Contract, Full time
- Janus Henderson Investors
- 13 Oct 17 2017-10-13
Janus Henderson Global Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products. We support our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
Janus Henderson Global Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products.
We support our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent and innovative thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by fostering an energetic and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Janus Henderson is a truly global asset manager with US$345bn of assets under management. We have a diverse geographic footprint, employing over 2,000 staff in 27 office locations globally.
Headquartered in London, we are dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Australian Securities Exchange.
Janus Henderson pro-forma AUM as at 30 June 2017
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide HR advice and support to all of the employees in the Hong Kong, China and Taiwan offices
• Build strong rapport with the senior managers in the abovementioned offices
• Cover the full spectrum of HR functions including recruitment, compensation and benefits, learning and development, employee relations, performance management and HR operations
• Help the hiring managers to recruit high calibre candidates for various positions in the HK, China and Taiwan offices (this includes advertising positions on recruitment websites, liaising with recruitment firms, conducting interviews, seeking hiring approvals from senior management, preparing offer letters, creating HR files, and conducting first day induction with new hires)
• Handle employee relations and poor performance cases
• Assist the Head of HR by coordinating and running training programmes, as and when necessary
• Assist the Head of HR with the performance appraisal process and compensation review process for Pan Asia
• Answer general HR enquiries from employees in the abovementioned locations
• Assist the Head of HR with graduate and intern recruitment for the region
• Review employee handbooks and employee benefits, as required
• Work with the Compensation and Benefits team on the harmonisation of employee benefits for Pan Asia
• Keep abreast of market trends and changes to Pan Asia employment law
• Work closely as a team with the Head of HR and the other HRBP and cover their roles whenever they are on leave
Technical Skills and Qualifications
• At least 5 to 8 years’ experience working as a HR Generalist
• An excellent command of English and Chinese (must be able to read and write Chinese characters
• Relevant experience gained from working in the Asset Management or Banking industries
• Able to build strong rapport with various managers and staff in the abovementioned locations
• Strong team player
• Positive and flexible attitude to work
• Confident, assertive and culturally sensitive
• Strong analytical skills
• Great attention to detail
• Able to build strong working relationships with colleagues from overseas offices
• Willing to do operational HR work
• Able to meet tight deadlines when required
• Well organised and achievement oriented
• Able and willing to cover the other members of the HR team whenever they are busy or out of the office
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
• Annual Performance Appraisal
• Completion of all assigned Compliance training
At a minimum the role requires the individual to:
• Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
• Understand and comply with any federal, state, and foreign laws and regulations applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of Compliance if this is unclear at any time
• Understand and comply with all relevant Janus Henderson policies applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of the relevant policy owner if this is unclear at any time.
The individual in the role is ultimately accountable for his/her own actions and is responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.