- SGD1 - SGD200000.0 per annum
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
HTML5 UI Developer
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: SGD1 - SGD200000.0 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
Due to increasing demand by regulators and by internal risk managers, SCB is centralising all Reporting, Workflow, and Visualisation across the Risk verticals under Functions Technology. This will involve the development of a strategic Market Risk platform using the ActivePivot in-memory OLAP cube technology and HTML5 UI.PURPOSE:
Due to increasing demand by regulators and by internal risk managers, SCB has decided to centralise all Reporting, Workflow, and Visualisation across the Risk verticals under Functions Technology.
This will involve the development of a strategic Market Risk platform using the ActivePivot in-memory OLAP cube technology and HTML5 UI.
The candidate will work closely with the other team members and senior stakeholders in order to design and implement critical strategic data analysis solution.
* Demonstrate a systematic and disciplined architecture, system design and programming approach following a standard software development lifecycle
* Meticulous attention to detail and strong focus on clear and practical documentation
* Work closely with senior management, Development Manager, Project Manager, and a team of developers.
* Design, Code, Unit Test and support Software components
* Deliver quality software in a time following standard software development processes
* Analyze problems raised in software development or production environments and provide timely solutions
* Prepare and maintain system documentation, including program descriptions, flowcharts and operational procedures.
* As the second line of support during production problems.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Experience of Bootstrap and knowledge of Node JS
* Knowledge of open source solutions and trending technologies
* Exposure to broader web technologies such as RESTful API
* Knowledge of Java, Scala and the JVM, and a willingness to learn
* Strong understanding of web standards, security, accessibility, browser compatibility
* Knowledge of PL/SQL and preferably Oracle database
* Ideally exposure to ActivePivot OLAP technology or Microsoft Analysis Service (SSAS), MDX/XMLA
* Demonstrable Experience of TDD and BDD Knowledge with tools such as JsUnit, Mocha, Karma, JUnit, Cucumber
* Exposure to Continuous Build and Deployment Solutions such as Jenkins / Bamboo
* Exposure to GIT / Stash, JIRA with a sound understanding of Feature Branching
* Maven, SonarQube, Artifactory
* Functional understanding of the terminal (Cygwin, Bash etc)
* Comfortable with IntellJ IDEA, WebStore, VSCode etc
Development Methodologies and Practices
* Worked within an Agile environment using methodologies such as Scrum / KanBan / XP and Lean
* Sounds and Demonstrable knowledge of Design Patterns, OO Programming and when to use patterns including Knowledge Complex Event Processing, CQRS, Event Sourcing
* Interest or Working Knowledge of NoSql Repositories
Preferred Domain Knowledge
* Good Market Risk domain experience preferred however is not essential. Domain knowledge on financial instruments and derivatives, trading and risk management, market data, and market risk processes and methodologies.
* Good understanding of risk measures, risk analysis and reporting.
* Knowledge of at least one specific asset class / line of financial instruments would be valued.
Other Preferred Skills
* Candidates with a demonstrable ability high quality UI and UX are welcome
* Big data experience such as Spark, Hadoop
* Strong analytical & problem solving and creative skills
* Good communication skills in both written and oral English.
* At least 4 years of hands on experience working in a bank or Financial Institution
* Ability to be organised and multi-task on different requirements across various stakeholders, and to work independently and under pressure
* Cultural sensitivity and awareness to work with a range of people from diverse background and geographies
* Should have a technical or numerate degree in subjects such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Economics, advanced degree preferred