- Permanent, Full time
- Citibank NA
Head Centralized Complaints Handling Unit
Head Centralized Complaints Handling Unit
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Master's Degree
- Job Function: Operations Customer Service
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18057315
The primary role is to oversee and manage the Global Consumer Bank (GCB) Asia customer feedback and complaint management related processes across the 17 countries in the region. In doing so, ensure that the process is consistent, effective and robust and that Citi meets all the relevant regional and global policies as well as all relevant local regulatory guidelines. Citi's 'Treating Customer Fairly' principles must be the corner stone of all processes in this area.
The complaints management process, is currently fragmented across multiple channels and business teams in the countries. One of the primary goals of the incumbent would be to lead and manage a region-wide standardization process to consolidate all complaint handling processes, reporting & management within a centralized operations unit.
The complaints management process includes the recording of the customer complaint, the end to end investigation as well as resolution of the customer complaints, escalation and tracking processes, an effective standard governance structure with a clear focus on critical aspects of fairness, enhancing customer experience as well as ensuring a close monitoring of high risk aspects like sales practices, privacy etc. In addition, proactive participation in process design and changes to resolve for customer pain points and a root cause identification for issues highlighted as part of the complaints capture process, will be critical aspects of the role.
In addition to the tracking and monitoring of the customer concerns / complaints the role also covers keeping a close watch at key trends and issues to identify process enhancements with an objective of eliminating customer pain points. This requires seamless engagement across global, regional and country stakeholders to engage on actionable insights that can continuously drive innovation and improvement in overall customer experience.
The incumbent will:
- Be responsible for tracking reduction in complaints and Problem Incidence Quarter on Quarter.
- Be responsible for picking up trends and patterns based on process understanding and based on complaints identified and proactively engage with stakeholders to identify key process enhancements / changes to remove these points of friction.
- Work in partnership with global, regional and country senior stakeholders to drive the businesses in ensuring a consistent and effective complaint handling process is in place which is aligned with relevant Citi policies and local regulatory guidelines
- Ensure successful implementation of the "Global Solve" initiative across all countries in Asia. This includes roll out of the 'Asia Complaints / Concerns Handling Standards', relevant system and process enhancements to ensure effective and consistent compliance to the new global complaints / concerns policy
- Partner with the country teams to ensure governance and effective follow through is in place to monitor the complaints handling processes. This includes monitoring trends and key high risk complaint categories to identify actionable corrective actions and process enhancements to minimize the customer pain points as well as ensuring robust governance to effectively mitigate Citibank regulatory risk in this critical area
- Ensure effective governance and oversight of the 'customer concerns / complaints' across the key regional product and business forums. This includes timely reporting, escalation of key issues to these forums and ensuring effective follow through of identified action items
- Effective partnership with the Compliance and Operational Risk teams to proactively manage the regulatory risk for the business
- Ensure the 'Treating Customer Fairly' principles are embedded across all the products, processes and customer complaints handling procedures. This includes identifying areas / practices of concerns through the customer complaints monitoring and ensuring these are escalated and actioned upon
- Support the Regional Customer Franchise Management team in related regional and country initiatives
The candidate will be required to:
- Have deep rooted understanding of processes, preferably across multiple products.
- Have excellent critical-thinking, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to be able to evaluate and suggest solutions and manage client and business expectations.
- Have demonstrated, prior experience in managing region-wide programs with tight delivery timelines
- Perform in a high-energy fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Operate within the matrix environment and effectively lead and drive change across multiple constituencies, organizational boundaries, levels of management by leveraging of all global, regional and country resources
- Be meticulous in work and diligent in follow-ups to effective closures
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze operational and financial impact of various alternatives and risk mitigation approaches
- Ability to identify emerging trends / risks in underlying business practices across business areas
- Confidence to operate in a principled manner, focused on effective decision making
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and ensuring an engaged interaction to influence and drive business recommendations
- Ability to influence and drive senior business discussions / forums across businesses through keen understanding of business priorities, functional sensitivities with a clear articulations of trade-offs, risk and rewards of the options at hand without losing the end objective of enhancing the customer experience
- Demonstrate necessary maturity to deal with senior management, engage peers and effectively manage and guide junior colleagues
- Ability to manage multiple cultural diversities and sensitivities to deliver end goals in a consistent manner
- Ability to engage multiple stakeholders with different priorities and create the necessary environment to drive and deliver the required results.
The ideal Candidate will meet the following requirements:
- 12+ years exposure to Financial Services, with a minimum of 2 years of team management experience
- Ability to develop, implement and execute high impact business transformation strategies
- Ability to work and make decisions independently as well as collaborate effectively as part of a wider team
- Ability to influence others and excellent stakeholder management skills is required
- Ability to work with ambiguity and to deliver results under pressure
- Strong strategic and analytical skills that are sharply customer focused with proficiency in MS Office tools