- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 10 Nov 17
Head, Governance and Control
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Strategy
Support the CIO in the overall effective and proactive management of technology and operational risks and controls in accordance with the Bank's operational risk framework as well as local regulatory requirements or guidelines for Operations, Technology, Vendor Management, Data Governance.
* Ensure that all Key Control Self Assessment/Control Standard Testing are relevant and assessed effectively and timely. Any KCSA/CST exceptions are addressed and tracked till closure.
* Evaluate operational incident's root causes and ensure appropriate mitigation plans are in place to prevent reoccurrence of the same issue.
* Ensure operational risk/loss incidents are logged and managed in accordance to group OR procedures.
* Ensure good understanding of the operational processes and key controls. Perform proactive process reviews and self identification of risks in country and the Global Shared Services Centres.
* Control Design - assess 'potential failure events' and arrive at key controls, key control indicators, key risk indicators, control sample test parameters and determine residual risk.
* To be 'ever audit ready'. Leverage Group Subject Matter Experts where necessary.
* Chair the SG ITO Technology Risk Forum and Operational Risk Forum. Ensure that the forum decks are prepared with quality write-ups and contain complete, accurate and appropriate risks/root cause assessments of incidents and risks.
* Represent ITO in various Business risk forums
* Participate in Service Review Meetings of outsourcing service providers and ensure that risk issues are evaluated / followed up / resolved.
* Ensure SG Outsourcing policy and procedures are adhered with for all SG ITO outsourcing arrangements.
* Raise SG ITO staff awareness of operational risks.
Audits & Regulatory
* Represent SG ITO and in collaboration with local compliance unit, lead regulatory investigations/response projects - support Global effort for regulatory responses and lead local regulatory responses.
* Ensure adequate support is available for MAS examinations and internal/ external audits and facilitate discussions with audit or to ensure any audit observations are reflected factually and action plans are effective to address the issue and root cause.
* Audit Issue and Regulatory Inspection Findings Tracking & Closure - track aging of findings, periodic follow-up to ensure that all findings are remediated by the committed timelines and that the actual root causes are being addressed. Validate issue closure.
* Ensure good understanding of MAS Technology Risk Management requirements. Perform periodic assessments to ensure the Bank has the necessary controls to adhere with the regulatory requirements.
* Review audit ripples validation by UORM.
* Co-ordinate and facilitate IT Quarterly Meetings with MAS.
Data Governance & Regulatory Reporting Governance
* Support the CIO in driving the DGC agenda in accordance with the approved terms of reference and prevailing data related risk themes.
* Oversee the management of DGC actions and maintain the country data management radar, providing an accurate summary of the prevailing data related risk environment.
* Monitor projects/ initiatives related to data management and recommend action to mitigate risks and resolve issues where required.
* Represent ITO in the country Regulatory Reporting Forum.
* Review the adequacy and effectiveness of controls over regulatory reporting for SG ITO returns.
* Develop the Data Management team and ensure appropriate team resources and capabilities.
People and Talent
* Develop and embed a high performance culture and organisational mindset
* Develop ongoing training, communications and development programs for Technology and Operations personnel to ensure minimum standards in OR awareness and embedment of OR responsibilities in respective areas of work and adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
* Ensure that the relevant staff understand and accept their responsibilities in relation to risks, governance and controls.
* Ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Lead the SG ITO Risk & Controls team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
* SG ITO Management Team
* Group Technology & Operations Teams
* Country Business Managers
* Group Internal Audit
* Second line Operational Risk Teams
* Regulators and other government departments/officials
* Industry partners, Banking Associations, etc
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Enter roles and responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
Enter qualifications and skills
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.