Head, Operational Resilience RB
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
OPERATIONAL RESILIENCE TRANSFORMATION AND REMEDIATION:
- Subject matter expert on operational resilience for RB
- Agree and drive the implementation of the Operational Resilience agenda for RB.
- Work with the operational resilience change programme and take accountability for implementation within RB.
- Support Client Journey Owners implement operational resilience procedures within RB to group standards.
- Raise awareness and conduct training where appropriate with RB leadership on operational resilience.
- Enable RB to identify of prioritised business services, set impact tolerance statements, managing performance metrics, identify resilience vulnerabilities and manage remediation.
- Support RB remediate Operational Resilience risk.
PREPARE THE BUSINESS:
- Chair RB Operational Resilience Working Groups. Support RB Heads to manage Operational Resilience risk including in RB Non-Financial Risk Committees.
- Provide leadership over the operational delivery, controls, reporting, and governance of the Operational Resilience agenda. Face off to the Second Line Risk subject matter experts in Group Business lines.
- Drive compliance with Group policies standards, and local regulatory requirements.
- Understand and assess the impact of changes in the policy or standards on RB and engage with the RB Heads to ensure the impact is understood.
- Recommend additions/enhancements/changes to the Operational Resilience policy, standard, guidelines, procedures, and controls.
- Monitor Operational Resilience profile and posture and report any non-compliance to senior management or governance committees.
- Participate and represent RB in Risk Committees, Operational Resilience working groups, Programme Steer Cos etc. to provide updates and influence positive outcomes for the Business.
- Validate the accuracy and consistency of KRIs, KCIs and other risk ratings/assessments, as well as process designs using available MI.
- Support the Third-Party Security Assessment team during 3rd party reviews.
- Help design and embed Operational Resilience controls across RB.
- Support regulatory engagements.
- Establish prioritisation of business services with the Client Journeys.
- Establish impact tolerances with Client Journeys.
- Ensure the process owners and owners of operational assists supporting RB business services are delivering the resilience of their operational assets to impact tolerance thresholds.
- Manage workshops, exercises and scenario testing to establish vulnerabilities in resilience of operational assets. (IT, Data, 3rd parties, people, property etc.)
- Manage the risk escalation of vulnerabilities and the route to Client Journey Owners deciding upon investment, change or acceptance.
- Ensure Operational Resilience risks in RB are proactively managed and effectively controlled, mitigated
- Ensure response, continuity, recovery, crisis management capability, teams, plans are implemented, maintained and effective within RB.
- Monitor changes in the risk profile of the highly critical systems.
- Work with IT to validate the resilience of RB's data and IT systems.
- Work closely with HIC to manage preparations for response and recovery from ICS disruption
- Support Group initiatives ensuring RB needs are represented effectively. Face off to the Group OR and Resilience subject matter experts in Group Business lines.
- Ensure that RB Cyber Contingency Plans, Crisis Management Plans, Playbooks, Runbooks etc. are in place, validated and tested as per relevant Policy and Standards.
- Support the Delivery of scenario testing and exercising with RB MT on a regular basis to ensure preparedness for any contingency.
- Coordinate RB's adherence to Continuity in Resolution compliance.
- Identify and independently drive strategic change initiatives to deliver on the Operational Resilience agenda for RB
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across RB. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- It is vital that the role holder has a in depth knowledge of RB Operations and supporting process and systems.
- It is vital the role holder can efficiently navigate the risk and investment governance model of RB and has credible authoritative RB banking experience.
- Strong knowledge of RB related products and operations will be preferred.
- Strong knowledge of security / resilience frameworks, principles, architecture.
- Strong knowledge of emerging Operational Resilience regulations and best practice.
- Strong risk management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, across various levels in the organization including senior leadership teams, in influencing key decisions taken in the business and in support teams.
- Experience in Risk, Operations, Resilience, or Security in Banking and Financial services.
- A related professional accreditation in Finance, Risk, Continuity, Security would be preferred:
- Strong communication skills - oral, written and presentation.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to initiate and successfully drive programs and projects to completion with little or no management supervision.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritise, make decisions, and work to tight timeframes.
- Proven ability to lead highly complex, global activities through influence and credibility rather than command and control.
- Ability to both assess strategic priorities and to focus on detailed aspects of a function in order to drive effective delivery.
- Strong integrity, independence and resilience.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .