Head Risk Operations ASEAN and Singapore
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 13 Jul 18 2018-07-13
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Purpose
Manage Retail Clients Credit Initiation and Fraud Risk activities and processes effectively and efficiently aligned to business strategy for the Region.
Work with Regional CCO / Country CCH, Retail Clients Risk and other stakeholders in the region for smooth functioning of Credit Initiation and Fraud risk management processes and activities in the countries.
The Role Responsibilities
*Support and provide inputs to Risk Operations head for developing operational model and shaping strategic agenda for Credit Initiation and Fraud risk management.
*Implement the operating model and strategic direction for the region for Credit Initiation and Fraud risk management to best support process efficiencies and effectiveness.
*Work with Regional CCO / Country CCH Retail Clients Risk to design and implement the Fraud Risk strategy and infrastructure for the region for channels and products within Retail Clients segment.
*Support and drive initiatives on
* Standardization of activities
* Automation of processes / activities
* Hubbing and centralisation of activities
* Optimise operating efficiency while balancing the effectiveness of decision making within the Risk Operations function.
* Ensure the Fraud Risk Management framework is effectively embedded and communicated across Retail Customers segment.
* Ensure the cost budget in Risk Operations is based on robust capacity plans and is delivered through a rigorous cost management discipline.
* Identify, coordinate, and drive productivity projects in the Region.
* Ensure that credit origination decisions are executed in line with the delegated authority while adhering to the process standards defined by CCO, Retail Clients.
* Lead and drive standardisation, automation and consolidation through re-engineering and process improvement initiatives in the region for Credit Initiation and Fraud Risk control.
* Develop and maintain fraud management capabilities, skills and infrastructure in the region that are in compliance with both internal policies and external regulations and are responsive to fraud attacks.
* Manage capacity planning across countries. Develop and maintain robust and scalable Credit Initiation processes to execute risk management policies and strategies.
* Leverage and build credit assessment infrastructure capability to optimize process efficiency.
* Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees.
* Implement the Operational Risk Framework in Retail Risk Operations and monitor the operational risk metrics for the region to identify potential control weaknesses.
* Identify and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support strategy testing environment and daily operations.
People and Talent
* Support the identification, engagement and retention of high quality CI and FRM professionals at a country level.
* Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
* Ensure that holders of all critical roles are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
* Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values within the Risk Operations team. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
* Encourage and promote an active training and learning environment to facilitate excellence in risk management, risk awareness, behaviours and accountability.
* Identify and share industry best practices and work with the businesses for their feasibility and implementation.
* Develop a collaborative relationship with regulators, peer banks and fraud risk industry forums to help detect and mitigate fraud.
* Ensure monitoring of through the door application quality by country Risk Operations teams and timely feedback to in-country stakeholders for optimizing risk and reward relationship.
* Ensure all CI and FRM policies and procedures in the countries for the Region comply with Group Policies and Standards. Ensure proper and updated documentation in place for in-country policies and procedures.
* Provide oversight across the regional Risk Operations team, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements.
* Embed the Group's values and code of conduct in Retail Risk Operations to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees forms part of the culture.
* Accountable for satisfactory closure of issues / gaps arising from Internal Audits, peer reviews and regulatory reviews for the countries in the Region.
Our Ideal Candidate
Business Strategy and Model: Good working knowledge of Standard Chartered's business and that of peers in the industry with over 15-17 years work experience of which at least 5 has to be in Risk Management.
* Broad understanding of banking information management infrastructure and operational processes
* Ability to provide strategic direction to the function
* Strong analytical and dispute resolution skills, and the ability to command the respect of a cross functional set of professionals at a senior level
* Ability to make independent decisions with a strong sense of empowerment
* Skills in project management and process improvement
Risk Management and Control: Good working knowledge of Standard Chartered's approach to risk management, specifically as applicable to Risk Operations