- Permanent, Full time
- Citibank NA
- 23 Apr 18
Head of APAC Operations Digitization and Technology
Head of APAC Operations Digitization and Technology
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18024653
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve.
Citi's Global Consumer Bank (GCB) is building a purpose-driven team to serve its globally diverse, digitally forward customers in top cities around the world. We're looking for exceptional candidates who think digitally and differently, resolve problems in unconventional ways and strive to provide a remarkable experience for our clients. We define success by our Citi Leadership Standards: Develops our People, Drives Value for Clients, Works as a Partner, Champions Progress, Lives our Values and Delivers Results.
Overview of the Role:
Reporting to the Global Head of Operations Digitization and Technology the Head of APAC Ops Digitization and Technology will work in close partnership with the APAC COO Head and Business Product groups in defining strategic priorities, resource allocation with a particular focus on technological innovation to dramatically improve customer experience, risk and controls, and efficiency.
They will have executive-level responsibility to drive disruptive and innovative technical thought leadership and new application development approaches to accelerate Citi's Consumer Banks Operations strategy.
The role will own the overall platform business plans and roadmaps (year over year, 3 year plans, long term vision), driving product development for new initiatives, making appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, maintaining the product roadmap, and clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities and desired outcomes throughout the company.
The position is responsible for working with Architecture and others within Consumer Technology on the technical strategy, roadmap, implementation and support for Citi's consumer-facing channels. Success will be measured through improvements in Customer Experience (through Net Promoter Score), Agility (reduction in development and test cycle times), Resiliency (application availability measured by service/product) and Cost (total cost of ownership).
The Head of APAC Ops Digitization and Technology will be a technology change catalyst who will impact the way we serve our clients through innovation and will participate in the transformation of the financial services industry in APAC
It provides a disruptive, forward looking mindset, challenges the status quo, articulates, communicates and inspires various levels of management to achieve an aggressive technological transformational agenda.
The talent occupying this role will be an integral part of the senior team driving firm-wide initiatives to modernize our products, delivery channels and client experience. The role is responsible for managing multiple projects and ensuring project delivery is on time. Responsible for project leadership, execution, and creating collaborative and cooperative interactions with key business stakeholders.
This role will be required to have strong data-driven analytical skills and be able to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity and have a track record of building successful teams.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, application development executive to play a critical role in this journey with us. This innovative and disruptive leader will need to execute on a global scale, and should bring with them the ability to recruit and lead teams across multiple geographies.
The role is preferably based in Jacksonville Florida.
- Working tightly with Global Operations as well as the APAC Operations teams to deliver necessary business and product requirements to chart out the global organization evolution
- Build out target-state operating model for region
- Define and drive the talent strategy and manage internal talent pipeline while also building external networks to attract top-tier talent
- Responsible for articulating the operations domain operating model and educating all stakeholders on the customer centric delivery model and leading the charge to pivot the org into this model
- Provide vision, strategic leadership and direction to transformational efforts and new technology adoption
- Build an Agile/Adaptive culture/team, managing technology operations development projects with evolving requirements but fixed timescales
- Lead scrum teams to develop end-to-end digital solutions for our clients
- Develop small, incremental releases and iterate, focusing on prototyping and frequent delivery of products
- Delivers radical results in short term periods, driving technology innovation in new digital product development
- Challenge, drive, and influence disruptive change in the evolution of our end to end product delivery using Agile development methodology. The scope of this disruptive change includes technology and business processes (design, development, testing, deployment) to increase speed to market velocity that is recognized by our customers, industry reviewers, and Citi executive management team.
- Partner with industry vendors that provide technology components that support our journey
- Examples include Salesforce, AWS, etc. Work with vendors on our implementation plans and roadmaps identifying partnership opportunities to increase our development velocity and our learnings
- Work with our Control teams from Compliance, Legal, InfoSec to insure they are educated on the roadmap and that these groups participate in the success of the application development and deployment efforts
- Establish and build global relationships and partnerships across business, technology and operational lines
- Provide leadership, development opportunities, performance management, development and succession-planning, staff communications, and positive interactive working environment to ensure the highest productivity and employee engagement
- Collaborate with Senior Management on cross functional areas and other programs, as appropriate
- Identify and drive resolution of issues, including those outside established programs of work
- Manage the identification of risks which impact program delivery and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary
- BA/BS degree required, advanced degree is preferred
- 15+ years of experience including 10+ years managerial experience.
- Forward looking, high potential leader, with high levels of flexibility and ability/preference to manage ambiguity. Proven sound judgment and integrity
- Client focused mindset and proven expertise to manage end-to-end technology solutions
- Expertise to manage projects with Agile / Scrum Master Experience.
- Superior Change Leadership
- Successful track record as an application development leader in a comparable environment including the understanding of innovation and disruption culture enablers and inhibitors
- 8+ years experience with direct responsibility as a senior leader in a technology organization
- Financial acumen to be able to track organizational expenses, allocations, cost per account/transaction methodology, and partnering with business executives on the development of business cases.
- Ability to communicate a compelling vision and inspire others to deliver on an ambitious, complex, global roadmap
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels within an organization, from the most technical engineer to the most savvy business / executive leader
- Sincere commitment to coaching and developing others
- Very strong technical skills to include agile/iterative application development including 2-speed change/delivery management and application lifecycle tools to include design, development, testing, deployment, consumption, and production monitoring
- Experience in new product development and other related innovation projects
- A demonstrated customer focus - an ability to identify and act upon unique insights and apply them to solve unmet needs
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive recommendations to achieve buy-in at the executive level in a highly-matrixed, large corporate environment
- Outstanding team facilitation and process skills
- Customer-focused mindset and takes pride in creating an engaging an informative data-driven customer journey
- Creative and passionate, driven by a desire for innovation and creation of amazing client experience - smart risk taking - outside the box thinking
- Experience shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- The ability to succeed in a cross-matrixed organization that relies on building support in other groups
- Capacity to adapt to shifting goals and activities. Capacity to manage multiple activities in parallel
- Self-starter with the ability to define goals and strategies with minimal management oversight
- Demonstrated experience building and managing global roadmap of financial products
- Ability to manage senior staff as well as manage staff remotely across multiple locations
- Demonstrated ability to drive cultural change across a diverse landscape with ability to work across organizational boundaries and geographies
- Ability to handle constant pressure and juggle multiple demands.
- Flexibility with travel
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and communication skills - must have ability to synthesize, develop and present clear and concise recommendations
- Collaborative and team player, ensuring overall business success
- Strong talent focus and ability to successfully recruit and develop experts from leading organizations across the globe
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and understanding of risk & regulatory process, as well as outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Track record of delivering innovative technology that has created significant business and customer impact
- Scrum Master experience. Expert in using Agile methodology and cutting edge digital trends to develop end-to-end, large scale technology solutions for clients
- Success stories improving client experience through innovation
- Superior Change Leadership and people management skills
- Proficiency in dealing with multiple senior stakeholders including Executive Committee, Business and Function Heads at Global, Regional and Local Levels
- Proven sound judgment and integrity. Track record of operating in the best interest of all stakeholders, effectively managing risk-rewards with the highest ethical standards
- Exceptional ability to engage with assigned teams, manage them through specific deliveries & clear goals, and create collaboration to achieve results
- Capable of thinking strategically and being able to execute tactically
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a high-volume, high-speed environment
- Proven track-record of delivering world-class, large-scale, performance critical, game changing projects on-time and on-budget
- Customer-focused mindset and takes pride in creating an engaging and informative data-driven customer journey
- Previous experience within financial services industry a plus