Head of Agile & DevOps (Director / Executive Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Build your career with Bank of Singapore as a Head of Agile & DevOps
in our Technology Team
The Bank of Singapore is currently embarking on changes to enhance our service offerings. We are looking for an industry leader in Agile and DevSecOps with the following responsibilities to shape our engineering capabilities for our future ready systems.
The candidate is required to lead the Agile and DevSecOps practice and oversee the delivery of the team members.
This role is required to work closely with key business users, manage 3rd party vendors, internal developers and relevant business stakeholders in a professional manner.
The Head of Agile and DevOps is a demanding role that requires the candidate to be capable of leading cross-functional teams in a hands-on manner, diagnosing complex engineering issues on the various banking platforms, and playing a leading role in software/platform/application architectural evolution and Agile methodology. He/She should be able to facilitate the rollout of Agile ceremonies, including refinement, sprint planning and retrospective, supports Product owner in backlog refinement, and contributes to the deeper understanding of each product team's reporting (Burn-up/down). He/She will need to conduct regular training and induction sessions, to enable organization's full embracing of Agile and DevSecOps culture. As a hands-on manager, he/she is able to demonstrate superior trouble shooting skills and has extensive knowledge in monitoring and alerting mechanisms. Takes charge with building an effective platform for CI/CD platform, with systems such as Jira, CloudBees, Nexus, Ansible, etc, enabling key agilty capabilities such as Microservices for the organization. Roles and Responsibilities: Leadership/Supervisory
Design & Strategy
- Oversee and guide all the activities of the Agile and DevOps team members.
- Play a mentorship role to Agiles and DevOps team, constantly promoting their skills-set.
- Lead development of DevOps, Runtime and Operational innovation platforms.
- Contribute and support the agile transformation together and partnering with Product and IT working groups.
- Leads the design, build, and operational management of highly secure and scalable sites/software for the business and works tirelessly to guarantee the reduction or removal of bottlenecks and inefficiencies in the DevOps and engineering team as a whole.
- Lead the DevOps team into the next journey including Cloud adoption.
- Demonstrate thought leadership over implementation of effective CI/CD pipelines across entire bank.
Collaboration & Support
- Provide strategic leadership in onboarding and implementation of appropriate DevOps tools and process
- Stategise, plan design, configure, and maintain the frameworks, tools, and systems that enable optimal performance of the applications.
- Ensure to remove any bottlenecks in DevOps delivery
- In depth understanding of containerization - Docker, Kubernetes and troubleshooting techniques
- Experience building/enhancing continuous delivery and continuous integration services.
Qualifications Requirements: Education
- Work hand in hand with all the IT, business and other stakeholders
- Own end-to-end software intergration in-order to support service delivery across organization
- Standardize and rationalize software delivery processes while also enforcing automated tests, security and quality scans with measured quality metrics to deliver high-quality software consistently
- Degree in an IT/Computer science related discipline
- The candidate must have at least 15 years of working experience in a DevOps capacity, working within a fast-paced and fast-evolving environment.
- Should have had vast and successful experience leading an Agile and DevSecOps team.
- Possess deep technical background, with hands-on experience in automated; agile environments delivering infrastructure; monitoring and tooling, in both cloud and non-cloud environment.
- The candidate must similarly demonstrate vast experience writing code and have experience in the automation, configuration, and application performance management tools
- The candidate must additionally demonstrate strong system-level troubleshooting skills and possess an ability to identify and resolve high-level scalability and performance issues
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Presentable skills on Writing, Publishing and Conference meetings
Interpersonal & Leadership
- Expertise in Virtulisation will be an added advantage
- Candidate anticipated to have hands-on on one or more cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker, etc
- Passion for and ability to work with software development teams releasing production-ready software on a daily basis
- Staying current with latest in Industry standards on DevSecOps and Innovation platforms
- In-depth automation experience using configuration management, testing and IDE tools, such as Design Studio, Eclipse, BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, SonarQube, Kubernetes, Docker, Validata QS and ABC, Release Flow, OpenShift, Appium) in order to faciliatate Automation, Containserisation and Orchestration
- Capable of handling complex programmes and challenging tasks
- Capable of handling multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines, have an ability to work in a group setting as well as in an independent position
- Flexibility to work within a rapidly evolving environment
- Security Risk awareness and stamina for approval processes
- Willingness to learn and apply new technologies and skills