Head of BP2S Compliance – Singapore
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
The Head of BP2S Compliance provides compliance advice and opinions on compliance topics as set out in the description above (including financial security, professional ethics, market integrity, protecting interests of clients, Group policy and local regulatory obligations to allocated business lines) and reasonable assurance with respect to same to local, regional and global management and governance committees
The Head of Compliance is responsible for ensuring the development and maintenance of local policies (when required) and the control of all policies (local, regional and Group) and the development and maintenance of a strong Compliance culture within the territory.
The Head of Compliance is responsible for a team of compliance professional staff that report hierarchically to him / her.
The Head of Compliance's key interactions with the Head of Compliance - South East Asia and Singapore and his Territory Domain and business line heads; and within the BP2S Business Line, the Global Head of BP2S Compliance and his management team.
· Provides reasonable assurance towards regulators, exchanges, industry associations, senior management and compliance management on the compliance of the territories activities with laws and regulations and ensures action plans are implemented to correct possible weaknesses.
· Makes Compliance decisions on files and issues reported by his / her team and by the Business Lines of his / her scope of responsibilities, in accordance with the Compliance decision making procedures by exercising his / her delegation right when appropriate.
· Maintain high standards in relation to regulatory advice and assurance as the 2nd level of control, where applicable;
· Drives the change required within Compliance in interaction with local, regional and global stakeholders (business, functions, domains, etc)
· Establishes an appropriate governance to manage risk of non-compliance
· Leads, manages and supports Compliance teams, including budget issues
· Defines how compliance rules will be adapted / implemented in coordination with the business lines, country and domains.
· Controls the effective implementation of compliance rules
· Ensures the interface between the Business Lines, regulatory authorities and / or Group Compliance
· Provides support and guidance to Business Lines, / Country, Domain teams
· Represents the Compliance function in business Lines' Management Bodies on his / her scope of responsibility.
Local Additional Responsibilities
Head of BP2S Compliance, Financial Security Domain, Asia Pacific:
· Reporting Lines:
- Hierarchical reporting line: Head of BP2S Compliance Officer, Asia Pacific
- Functional reporting line: Head of FS and KYC Domain, Asia Pacific
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
· Prior senior management experience
· Sound knowledge of applicable principles and practices of licence obligations and compliance standards
· Up to date with regulatory and market requirements as well as industry association initiatives
· Good understanding of the Bank's business model and operations - knowledge in financial services, financial markets and products and their activity drivers plus, specific knowledge of custody, banking, operations, dealing, fund accounting and applying a compliance framework.
· Knowledge of Compliance issues and specific challenges of his / her environment (business line, county, region)
1. Technical ability in relation to regulatory compliance with laws, regulations and rules of the exchanges
2. Client focus
4. Change management
5. Strategic Decision-making
6. Impact & influence
7. Individual Leadership
10. Team Development
Specific Qualifications Required
· Post graduate qualifications in law beneficial
· Degree qualified in Business, Law or Commerce
· Technically specific qualifications or evidence of ongoing development for area of specialization e.g: Compliance Management