The Head of Banking, APAC CIB is expected to play a critical leadership role in the development of the overall vision and strategy in CIB APAC, in partnership with Head of Markets, APAC. The individual will lead all Corporate and Institutional client coverage teams in APAC – corporate banking, financial institutions, global institutional client group, as well as Portfolio Management and Underwriting, and associated product and solutions groups including Asset-Backed Finance, Debt Capital Markets, Global Payment Services, Loan Syndications & Risk Management and Mergers & Acquisitions. Position can be based in Hong Kong or Singapore.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
Market Job Description
Reporting to Head of CIB, APAC, the individual will partner with stakeholders in APAC and global heads across CIB.
- Responsible for developing and executing global CIB strategy in APAC to grow and broaden the client franchise, lead and execute key CIB initiatives and ensure we have the right people in the right roles
- Be the senior banker in the APAC region, with a mandate to manage and develop corporate and institutional client relationships.
- Develop robust account plans to support clients’ banking needs across the spectrum of Wells Fargo’s available product offering, including financing, capital raising, advisory, transaction banking and risk management solutions. This applies to APAC CIB clients’ needs in the region and across Wells Fargo’s network, as well as for APAC subsidiaries of U.S. parent companies.
- Ensure portfolio returns and credit quality are aligned to risk appetite.
- Provide leadership and strategic input to help shape CIB GPS strategy in conjunction with relevant GPS global leaders as necessary.
- Lead the building and maintenance of the M&A, DCM, and ABF solutions to support our issuing clients who are raising debt or equity in the markets. Oversee the execution and supporting the strategy on meeting our investing clients’ needs on bonds and alternative investment vehicles. Develop strategy in risk management product to commercial, corporate, and institutional clients.
- Leadership.Provide leadership and guidance to team members, and act as an escalation point in APAC. Create a culture where team members can influence the business. Have a lean business with committed team members and foster a culture of risk management. The CIB Banking teams in APAC will directly report into this role.
- Business Management.Develop and execute marketing strategy to clients within the region. Be responsible for revenues for the market and drive performance through proactive interaction with and provision of appropriate solutions to clients. Establish financial and customer experience goals in region and make sure it’s achieved. Periodic updates on solution strategy and business performance. Provide oversight on annual budget planning process and manage business within expense targets.
- Regional governance. Represent CIB Banking at key regional meetings, and various relevant governance committees. Deal with business issues and escalate to CIB head APAC, Global Banking leaders and ICOO as appropriate. Understand regulatory requirements, work with Business Control Executive and Compliance team to design, develop, and implement controls.
- Risk Management. Work closely with Risk teams to enhance regulatory awareness and ensure reputational integrity of WF. Provide regional oversight of the business and support the development and implementation of appropriate controls. Make sure risk and issues in CIB Banking activities in region are tracked, escalated, and followed up.
- Thought Leadership. Be an expert on competitive, product and pricing trends in market as well as competitor and market intelligence.
- Teamwork and Partnership. Develop relationships within global CIB teams, product partners, and other relevant partners including Compliance, Credit Risk management, Legal, Operations and Client Services to deliver best-in class client experience.
Market Skills and Certifications
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Extensive proven experience with Securities and investment banking experience at senior leadership level in APAC.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and commitment as well as a strong business sense with a strategic and tactical orientation.
- Extensive knowledge of international business and international financial services with a demonstrated ability to work across multiple lines of business.
- In-depth knowledge of capital markets products and services as well as correspondent banking products and solutions
- Extensive experience in covering subsidiaries of large U.S. & European Multinational Corporations and regional clients across Asia.
- Strong credit background and broad understanding of transactional banking products of cash management, trade services, foreign exchange and credit.
- Strong knowledge of M&A, DCM and ABF solutions.
- Sound understanding of counterparty and country credit risk and relevant credit risk products.
- The successful candidate may be subject to licensing regime in Hong Kong and/or Singapore.
- Relevant Enhanced Competency Framework qualifications, Executive Officer/Responsible Officer Type 1, 4, 6 & 9 experiences or equivalent exposures would be an added advantage.
- In depth understanding of technological, risk and regulatory trends impacting Banking business
- Successful track record of industry thought leadership and developing senior level relationships.
- Strong experience in developing and execution of business strategies.
- Ability to analyze data and use for decision making and managing initiatives.
- Successful track record in systematically executing initiatives using project management disciplines.
- Highest level of integrity and good judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong stakeholder skills and ability to work and lead across functions.
- Strong commercial judgement, excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Comfortable working in a matrix organizational environment and partnership skills. Willingness to travel as required.
Position can be based in Hong Kong or Singapore
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.