- Permanent, Full time
- Avaloq Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Head of Banking Operations (BO) Evolution
- Full time
- 21 Jan 19
Head of Banking Operations (BO) Evolution
Avaloq is driving the digital transformation and automation of the financial services industry.
Our clients are the leading banks of today and tomorrow. Based on our fully integrated banking software, we create powerful digital experiences provided through a standardized Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS) model to banks and wealth managers.
To further spur innovation, we work with clients, other fintechs, universities and hundreds of third-party developers in a uniquely collaborative way we call the Avaloq Ecosystem.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Avaloq has more than 2,000 employees and has a presence in the world's most demanding financial and innovation centres, including Berlin, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Paris, Singapore and Sydney.
More information is available at www.avaloq.com
Brief Job Description
The Head of BO Evolution executes the activities (projects or services) in respect of the processes defined with the clients, of the regulations settled by the authorities, the financial institutions or the market, and complying with the confidentiality duties (banking, professional and client's data secrecy).
The main responsibilities:
This Specialist contributes to corporate projects supplying the cross functional expertise of the different BOA disciplines, producing results in line with the budget and the quality expectations. Activities may include the development and the finalization of proposals meant to improve processes and products aiming to enhance the efficiency and the profitability of BOA, and to decrease the operational risks.
The Head of BO Evolution plays an important role in the BO division acting the role of Focal Point and beingthe main contact between the BO delivery workforce and the outside (e.g. Clients, Service Manager, Project Manager, Analyst, Test Manager, etc.).
This Specialist represents the BO division in front of the internal and external clients and supports in the definition of new services, SLAs and processes.
- Organize and lead an organizational unit covering all managerial aspects and take responsibility to achieve set targets
- Business Results: Develop project concepts, create plans and oversee implementation of business solutions of simple to moderate complexity
- Governance: Adhere to organizational governance
- People Focus: Lead a very small group of specialists and carry out managerial tasks such as resource management, development, talent management, performance management, compensation, retention, replacement and termination
- Planning + Controlling: Oversee the planning and controlling of multiple task
- Relationship Management: Interact with business and IT partners within the immediate environment to foster commitment and teamwork
- Highlight and formalize the input for the functional requirements to Business Architects and/or Business Analysts to streamline the day to day Business
- Guarantee the respect of the standard processes agreed with the clients (SLA), be in line with the market standard processes, and apply the tax regulations
- Coordinate and execute the functional UAT test activities together with the Power Users and related to enhancements belonging his department
- Represent the BO division in the projects
- Support the department head in the monitoring and analysis of the quality of the services provided to our clients
- Mitigate and reduce operational risk and review periodically the key controls
- Support Department Head in the costs analysis to improve the Department profitability
- Communicate proactively in a correct and professional way with the various entities, inside and outside the company
- Guarantee standard and contingency procedures in line with the rules and the controls expected by ISAE 3402,offering an efficient, prompt and quality service to avoid financial losses
- Collaborate with Service Managers to improve end to end service delivery (i.e.: after cutover)
- Cooperate together with the FLM or Department Heads to report to Service Managers relevant incidents and service failures
- Analyse the STP ratio of the owned services/processes and identify improvements
The ideal Candidate is able to maximize customer value and to shape change effectively.
- Bachelor's Degree from a recognized institution, preferably specializing in Banking related disciplines
- 8-10 years of relevant working experience with at least 3 years in a leadership position
- Strong communication and articulation skills
- Prior experience in Avaloq Banking Suite of product
- Ability to apply analytical thinking and intelligent concepts
- Occasional Travelling
- Proficient in MS Office
A high level of self-sufficiency in your area of work and an open work-culture awaits you! Click the "Apply Online" button now to apply to this position.
Kindly note that only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for next steps. We look forward to receive your application!