Head of Client Service, Asia Pacific
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
This position is responsible for day to day servicing of clients for CTI Asia Pacific business. This role extends across CTI Institutional and Wholesale business. The candidate will lead the APAC client servicing team to support the client base throughout the clients' full life cycle - from onboarding to day-to-day servicing, and to coordinating adhoc change requests on need basis. This is a "hands on" position that requires thorough understanding of asset management business, and proactive client relationship management, in strong partnership with our regional Sales / Distribution team.
Given the global nature of CTI business, our clients engage CTI on strategies / products that are managed globally.
The role involves:
• Lead client servicing team across APAC (~4 persons team)
• Proactively partner with APAC Sales / Distribution to manage overall client relationship.
• Support client services including delivery of services to meet clients' needs from standard BAU needs e.g. reporting, enquiries, review meetings, to adhoc needs e.g. change requests
• Support onboarding of new clients and offboarding as needed.
Strong partnership and coordination with our global colleagues including our US/Europe client service team, and various other internal stakeholders. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time.... Client Service
- Delivering excellent service to clients in line with Investment Management Agreements ("IMAs") and Columbia Threadneedle Investments standards, including:
- Providing the first point of contact to Distribution / Sales teams for resolution of client/consultant queries, requests and instructions
- Working with Distribution / Sales teams to manage and exceed client expectations
- Proactive client communication to discuss service standard(s) and future requirements, including building professional and trusted relationships with clients
- Responding in an accurate and timely manner to client requests and queries
- Coordinating enhancements and changes to IMAs
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with all key stakeholders within the business
- Overseeing compliance monitoring and breach reporting to clients
- Reviewing service standards with service providers per client requirements
- Coordinate, manage and ensure proper resolution of any client complaints
- Coordinating and managing due diligence sessions
- Ensuring all routine client reporting and related deliverables are met, including:
- Deadline management
- Review and sign-off of client reports/portfolio reviews
- Quality control and coordination of enhancements and changes to reports
- Work towards standardization of reports, wherever possible
Projects / adhoc
- Ensuring successful and controlled project management of new Institutional and wholesale businesses in the form of client take-on across multiple time zones and geographies, including:
- Effective communications regarding the client take-on to all relevant business areas
- Coordinating the negotiation and completion of legal agreements/application forms
- Coordinating all relevant documentation
- Progressing operational set up with Operations team
- Establishing reporting requirements and coordinating delivery of the same with Client Reporting team
- Ownership of issue resolution and appropriate escalation of issues when necessary
- Obtaining sign-off from relevant business areas
- Initiating operating model design solutions to support new services
Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
- As required, perform a key role in departmental and other projects, including testing and implementation of new systems and impact of regulatory change(s) on service delivery.
- Managing adhoc issues / risk events that has client impact
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
- Extensive investment management experience, including experience in dealing with Institutional clients in APAC; demonstrates good understanding of fund management, financial instruments, administration processes, performance analyses and reporting
Able to work under pressure in delivering expected outcomes within short deadlines
- Strong ability to work with others both in the team within close proximity and dispersed across businesses and geographies, to achieve effective outcomes
- Excellent listening skills and appropriately assertive, empathetic approach to dealing with stakeholders within the business as well as prospects/clients
- Good self-organisational and time management skills, including strong workflow management
- Ability to make clear decisions and exercise sound judgment; demonstrable problem-solving skills, specifically around data accuracy and processes
- Excellent facilitation and meeting management skills, being able to discuss complex/technical concepts
- Excellent numerical and written skills are essential
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate strong cross-cultural/language skills. Strong spoken / written ability in English is a must, Mandarin is desirable.