Head of Engineering & Architecture, APAC/EMEA
The Engineering & Architecture (E&A) group is accountable for improving the overall technology environment, function and capabilities within Citi's Global Consumer Technology (GCT) to maximize business value. Key responsibilities include: developing, maintaining and advancing the enterprise (business, information and application) architecture, strategy and roadmaps to ensure they underpin business needs for agility, cost and stability. The E&A group is also responsible for engineering, implementing and supporting the improvement of developer efficiency through tooling, processes and content and governing the use of common platforms (e.g., data environments, APIs).
The APAC/EMEA Head of Engineering & Architecture will report into the Global Head, Engineering & Architecture and will work closely with the Head of APAC/EMEA Technology to execute the full set of responsibilities within the APAC/EMEA region. S/he will work locally to ensure that E&A objectives and priorities are aligned with regional priorities and fully met, while working globally to foster teamwork/collaboration, the development of world-class strategic, technical/engineering and operational capability and a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism and excellence.
- Creates and maintains a forward-looking regional technology strategy that advances the business needs for agility, cost and stability
- Collaborates with key stakeholders, including the regional CIO, regional CEO, Head of E&A Strategy to create pragmatic, commercially-executable strategies for improving the technology environment
- Develops roadmaps for the evolution, modernization and stabilization of the regional application estate, including its migration to modern technology architectures (e.g., cloud, microservices)
- Maintain a comprehensive view of current and forecast technology economics, and the impact from targeted investments defined in the roadmap
- Demonstrate technology thought leadership with respect to the key technologies and practices adopted, challenging status quo to position Citi to compete in an era of increased competition and digital disruption
- Maintains and applies a broad and current industry perspective on technology trends/opportunities, leading practices and our position/capability/performance relative to direct competitors and parallel industries/organizations
- Foster productive business relationships and build strong sponsorship of the technology architecture and roadmap
- Establishes and maintains governance, consistent with global standards, for reviewing and approving execution of the regional technology strategy
- Ensures technology investment is balanced and aligned to business and technology strategies during planning and budgeting cycle
- Implements and governs key architecture processes and telemetry to provide a measured view of quality, accountability, and reusability while alignment with Citi-specific global and external industry standards
- Manages timely architecture engagement (Design Charter Governance), data standards governance, public cloud architecture governance as well as application portfolio management, technology products governance and risk management, including audit and regulatory engagements
- Provide leadership within global and regional architecture forums, ensuring the reference architecture and roadmap are informed by practical requirements
- Manages and dispositions requests for new applications and/or technology components relative to Citi's technology portfolio system (CSI/CTC)
- Oversees (but does not directly manage) Solution Architects creating reference architectures that advance the technology and business strategies in specific architectural domain(s)
- Advances the application and infrastructure design for specific business requirements aligned to GCB's architecture, roadmap and technology standards, balancing strategic alignment with the need for pragmatic and commercial solutions that enable business objectives to be met; ensuing efficient and effective governance of all solution design activity within their respective region
- Fosters strong, regionally aligned solution architecture / design community with intimate knowledge of our reference architecture and roadmap
- Maintains reference architecture for the assigned domain(s) in an online, searchable repository, consistent with established global standards
- Maintains comprehensive technology roadmaps, encompassing application and related infrastructure services, in an online, searchable repository
- Reviews the definition, development, evolution and consumption of services/APIs produced by Solution Architects, consistent with GCB's classification model and service governance framework
- Ensures, potentially through delegation, architecturally significant solutions are reviewed and approved
- Acts as an advocate for driving improvement in regional development efficiency and effectiveness
- Partners with the Head of Development and Core Services, Global Engineering & Architecture to offer practical solutions to AppDev teams to improve speed and quality in development through adoption of best practices, engineered tools and processes
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 15+ years in senior technology/engineering leadership roles within financial services or a related industry
- A proven track record in leading strategic change in a complex environment to create sustainable improvement in service, cost, productivity, maturity and/or risk.
- Experience in operational leadership of application and/or infrastructure technology and a track-record for world-class performance and continuous improvement.
- Experience in current technologies/practices including SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, micro-services, APIs, DevOps/CI/CD, and solution and application architecture design.
- Proven ability to develop and sustain a high performing team and a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Commercially savvy and experienced in formulating and executing innovative commercial arrangements for products and/or services.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and proven ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels within an organization.
- Experience in software and infrastructure design and delivery in large scale complex environment where legacy and digital technologies co-exist.
- Experience in the adoption/use of an agile methodology and the transition from or co-existence with traditional SDLC methods and tools.
- Broad financial expertise with knowledge of corporate affairs, financial and economic fundamentals, and business policies, products, processes, systems and roles.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .