- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 23 Mar 18
Head of Finance (OCBC Yangon Branch)
Head of Finance (OCBC Yangon Branch)Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of financial, regulatory, business management reporting and financial controls
- Support the general manager by adding value to strategic planning, operating plan and business performance functions
- Ensure all regulatory, financial and MIS reports for the branch are prepared and submitted to HO and regulatory bodies in a timely and accurate manner.
- Establish accounting policies in compliance with local and HO regulations
- Drive and manage the annual operating planning process and strategic planning.
- Monitor the financial performance of the branch and provide explanation for month-on-month variances as well as variance against Plan.
- Acts as the functional specialist and provide financial advisory to business units for any new products launched.
- Active member of the Branch Management Committee, ALCO (if relevant), Operational Risk Forum and other committee as appointed.
- Maintain good working relationship with the following :
- Inter-departmental staffs within the Branch
- Central Bank of Myanmar
- External/Internal Auditors
- Tax department
- Head Office Depts
- At least 5 years of relevant finance and accounting experience in a bank and if working in a major accounting firm, have audited major banks as clients. Sound understanding of banking accounting & reporting requirements and business analysis techniques
- Good interpersonal/communication skills and able to multi-task and meet tight timeline
- High degree of integrity and ability to challenge the views of others in a constructive manner
- Mature, proactive, meticulous and tenacious, flair for numbers and hands-on
- The position will be based in Myanmar, Yangon