Head of Finance, Trust Data & Automation
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The role will report to the CFO, Operations who has responsibility for providing finance business partnering capability to the Operations function. The role has specific responsibility for partnering with the Trust, Data and Automation group within Operations; it will also be the accountable Finance lead for the Bank's aggregated Cyber Security spend. The role is global in nature and based out Singapore.
- Supporting Trust, Data and Automation in relation to performance management, with focus on cost management, analytics, strategic initiatives, benefits articulation and investments.
- Provide routine MI for various stakeholders on performance vs budgets and business efficiency targets.
- Present financials to TDA MT and provide advisory and consulting services to the TDA MT.
- Seek ways of improving communication on financial performance with key stakeholders. Encourage adoption of self-service MI tools and help shape future self-service reporting solutions.
- Spend considerable time partnering with the TDA teams to bridge the understanding between activity and cost and what they can do to influence the cost base.
- Produce ad hoc analytics and insight on the global cost base to drive transparency and help drive the productivity agenda.
- Drive internal process improvements for the Operations Finance team
- Take the lead in managing the extended team deliverables from the TDA team in Global Financial Services (GFS).
- Managing end-to-end the budgets, forecasts, flash, business efficiencies tracking and headcount controls for the TDA team.
- Accountable for ensuring adequate financial controls and balance sheet management are in place.
- Actively contribute to the wider Finance change agenda.
- Oversee the TDA financials from budgeting, planning and performing perspective, supporting the CFO in delivering key messages to the Operations and Group MTs.
- Support the CFO in producing the Operations MBRs as and when required ensuring that the messaging is clear and in line with TDA's strategy
- Design and own reporting to present an aggregated view of the Bank's Cyber Security spending (which spans TDA, T&I, Risk, Segments and Regions) and benefits.
- Provide guidance and challenge to Finance stakeholders across the group with respect to Cyber Security spend
- Represent Operations CFO on PSCs and PRCs across TDA and Cyber Security portfolios
- Coordination and execution of any Group efficiency deliverables
- Monitoring, reporting and validation of external efficiency commitments
- Analyse business/function strategy documents to highlight areas requiring efficiency focus
- Analyse efficiency data for underlying trends and improvement opportunities
- Support project management of efficiency deep dives for select businesses/functions
- Monitor and track progress on key initiatives and deadlines
- Ensure appropriate follow-up and tracking on all action items
- Assist in preparation of regular and ad hoc BE&P reporting for MT / MBRs / Board meetings and external disclosure (IR) requirements
- Conduct research to identify appropriate benchmarking (internal and external) for key KPIs and provide key insights into industry best practices
- Identify and provide appropriate data analytics to address the problem statement for the select deep dives
- Liaise with the relevant stakeholders to ensure successful completion of deep dive analysis and reporting deliverables
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to establish and execute communications and culture campaign to promote efficiency and productivity improvement across the Group
Our Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant with PQE with business partnering experience.
- Analytical skills in Excel / Tableau and Powerpoint.
- Constructively challenge where appropriate to ensure the overall goals of the business and the bank are needs to be aligned.
- Not afraid to ask the awkward questions to ensure the right behaviours.
- Curious and keen to learn
- Always act in the best interests of the bank and its customers with the highest integrity at all times.
- Act as a key source of reference and guidance to help steer and manage issues Manage and influence teams to achieve their objectives and the overall strategic direction of the bank.
- Worked in FP&A or managed a significant cost base for a Function (particularly technology).
- Experience in meeting demands and interacting with senior executives.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .