Head of GCT APAC/EMEA Cards
The Applications Development Function Group Manager is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology Team. The overall objective of this role is to drive applications systems analysis and programming activities. Responsibilities:
- Lead/manage a global technology organization where evaluations direct performance and considerable weight is given to recommendations for pay increases, hiring, terminations, and other personnel actions
- Manage a large applications development functional area through functional managers
- Develop roles, responsibilities, and structure team to ensure greatest impact, efficient use of resource, and alignment to business structures
- Develop strategic direction of the applications development function to align with overall business technology goals as well as control resources budget, policy formation, and planning
- Provide evaluative judgement based on analysis of facts in complicated, unique, and dynamic situations including drawing from internal and external sources
- Manage regulatory agenda in line with broader business goals and work with other key Information Technology (IT) and business stakeholders to ensure consistent delivery and prioritization of initiatives
- Deliver cost savings and greater efficiency through innovation, process improvement, simplification of the technology stack and strategic outsourcing, and vendor partnerships
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- 10+ years of managerial experience
- Experience in a senior technology leadership role
- Experience working with senior business partners and stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of industry practices, standards, rules, and regulations
- Working knowledge of risk and control
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development processes and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of architecture, complex systems, and key technology areas within funds administration
- Ability to build and maintain peer and business relationships
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
As the head of GCT APAC/EMEA Cards Development, GCT, the role is responsible for the overall product analysis, design, development and level 3 (L3) production support for the International Cards platform which serves seventeen Consumer and six Holdings markets. Align cards and payment technology strategy and roadmap to global and region business goal. Drive to digital and help business to improve customer experiences.
The role is accountable for delivering Strategic Transformation Initiatives for the APAC/EMEA Consumer business. This role requires proactively identifying and implementing actions that ensure initiatives are delivered at a high quality, on time and on budget. This implies that this role is accountable for orchestrating a consistent transformation across business, technology, operations and channels.
The ideal candidate will be a senior-level technology professional and be a visionary leader in engineering/technology who will drive priorities while balancing risks, capital allocations, and change complexities throughout the enterprise. The candidate must be able to solve complex problems and work through roadblocks. Big delivery experience as well as technical and functional expertise in a Financial Services environment with a willingness to 'roll-up sleeves' are a must. Being able to partner with the business and create effective solutions for strategic Bank initiatives with innovation and Forward Compatibility are essential. Objectives of the Role
- Act as an end to end solution provider over acquisition, servicing using multiple channels such as Mobile, Internet, Branch and ATM. This will include acquisition and servicing across liability, loan and cards products
- Ensure delivery of required product capabilities on schedule with quality, leveraging Citi delivery methodology
- Drive process standardization with consistent measures of progress, quality, benefits across all teams to continue our drive towards a client centric organization creating product model principles
- Define and mobilize proper governance to evaluate, approve, prioritize and track transformational initiatives
- Ensure rigor in planning with regards and not limited to resourcing, testing, budget, critical path identification and risks
- Improve timeliness in decision making across teams and escalate potential roadblocks, including developing a forward looking view of critical interdependencies and critical risks, identifying mitigation actions and identifying issues to escalate for Senior Management decision making
- Continue to leverage and ensure alignment with the Cross Product Architecture, Testing and Integration groups
- Drive disciplines in the area of Financials, SDLC and Program Management in order to have repeatable, high quality and on-time delivery.
- Improve our interaction model and provide greater clarity and accountability between project teams.
- Accountable defining the appropriate development method (ex: agile)
- Focus on culture, communication and alignment across all Global Consumer Technology teams.
- Coordinate solutions across APAC/EMEA Technology - ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals; define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process enhancements
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of Information Security and Authentication processes to design secure and multi factor authentication processes to design solutions for logging and protecting NAM systems from mal attacks and fraud
- Ability to understand end to end functional needs for Consumer Bank products such as Credit Cards, Loans, deposit products, payments and associated regulations/reporting needs for developing a functional solution for various transformational projects
- Capable of eliciting user requirements/stories and understand impacts against book of work as well as other programs in flight and put necessary mitigation steps
- Manage Capability streams, Testing, Business/Operations, Architecture and Other execution streams such as vendors, technology development/modernization and Dev Ops Understand strategy as well as tactical needs and jointly set priority. Communicate schedule and progress against target delivery dates
- Develop innovative solutions focused on improving customer experience, reducing cost and accelerating time to market while being fully compliant with risk, compliance and regulatory policies of Citi globally
- Apply appropriate development methodologies for legacy and next generation software
- Support across multiple time-zones and geographies, working with vendors and across Citi globally
- Experience in Scrum, Test Driven Development and waterfall methodologies
- Execution/Delivery experience of large transformation programs
- Experience in API/Micro-Services design
- Experience in Cloud Public and Private
- Experience in Tokenization and Management of Cloud based solutions
- Support our Talent Management and Mobility strategy
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .