BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
The Head of HFS Singapore Operations manages the Singapore team responsible for Fund Administration services given for APAC clients that are either contracted locally or outsourced to it by Hong Kong or Ireland. As such, the individual is responsible for leading the team to deliver these services and ensure client satisfaction, service delivery in a controlled environment, strict compliance with BNP Paribas' internal guidelines as well as external regulatory environment, adequate resource level and minimal operational risk.
In addition, the individual will interact with various stakeholders to participate in client / fund onboarding activities, oversight of offshored activities, projects in the domain in the region, ensuring processes are efficient and robust, staffing is appropriate, compliance with risk control measures, business continuity plans etc. Key Responsibilities
1. Management of Singapore HFS team
• Ensuring adequate resource level in line with defined and agreed budget
• Coaching of second line managers
• Management of their evolution and mobility locally or internationally in coordination with HR
• Perform regular reviews process and performance appraisal, as per Group policies
• Participate to the annual succession plan exercise
• Ensure service delivery to our clients offering quality services at the good level of cost in a secure environment. All these elements being followed regularly by KPI and unit costs in coordination with HFS Global teams
• Lead / participate in relevant committee meetings
• Work with relevant stakeholders to resolve any issue and problem where applicable
2. Organization (FA = Fund Accounting)
• Adapt FA staff number to the level of activity (up & down) with a minimum level of anticipation.
• Provide inputs for adapting FA teams organization in regard to available resources and talents
• Ensure coordination with Global teams, especially regarding alignment with globally defined operating models for FA
• Find the appropriate balance between local and operations centre resources (Hub) in order to deliver services at the best costs for FA services
• Ensure compliance with BNP internal policies and guidelines
3. Budget / cost management
• Give inputs to Singapore operations budget requirements for the next year / next years in case of strategic plan review and inputs for HFS APAC region from a FA team perspective.
• As part of management team in HFS APAC, is part of budget reviews.
4. Risks / Governance
• Service Levels
o Work with relevant parties to put in place service level documents and managing regular service reviews / oversight to ensure that client services are within agreed KPIs
• Operational risks
o Risks management For Fund Accounting: FA Ops risk to be followed in a permanent manner (KPI / BAU follow-up) in order to act in the safest possible environment. Manage regular reviews with ORPC teams.
• Credit / counterparty risks
o Ensure all the procedures are followed to follow BP2S Risk requests both at the Singapore location level and the FA process in APAC level.
o Participate in the product approval process as domain expert, giving inputs for setup of the procedures to minimize risks.
5. Coordination Local / Hub / Global
• Be the active representative of :
o HFS APAC FA Operations
o HFS APAC FA operations vis a vis Global teams, in particular by efficiently representing the needs and specificities of APAC clients on topics such as :
Project needs for the region
Client needs in projects
Through regular meetings and calls with Hub & central projects team.
6. Projects: Work with both internal and external stakeholders in rollout of new services, clients / fund onboarding, system implementation, market place and regulatory change, productivity improvement programs.
• Ensure good level of communication with local and global management on BAU business, projects follow-up, incidents and problems (escalation).
• Ensure that teams under responsibility have adequate knowledge of the global organization of BPSS, and participate to transversal and cross location work.
• Ensure efficient and accurate reporting on local activity inside and outside of HFS Operations teams. Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• Experienced professional in hedge fund accounting space
• Proven expertise to lead and manage teams
• Willing to make a long term career in BNP Paribas group
• Should have ability to represent business at regional level - gravitas, presence, maturity
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong work ethic and an ability to work as part of a team.
• Good client services skills.
• Good time management.
• Ten+ years' Fund accounting experience in Hedge Fund Services.
• Ability to work in a challenging environment. Specific Qualifications Required
• A relevant Bachelor degree
• An accounting qualification at minimum a Degree