- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 07 Nov 17
Head of Murex Platforms
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
This will role managing multiple stakeholders from the ITO, Business, Product and COO groups across the bank. The incumbent will be responsible for delivering projects and change across Murex Platforms and a handful of surrounding systems.
The Head of Murex Platforms will develop and execute a world-class technology that drives the SCB FM business agenda - including strategy, architecture design, project initiation, solution governance & quality across project phases, solution delivery, implementation, post-implementation support and service improvements. The role holder will be the single point of contact for the Murex delivery to Business / Domain function(s) and ensures the delivery of technology solutions to agreed cost, service and risk targets.
Murex is one of the strategic applications for Standard Chartered bank and being used as Front to back office solution for FX Cash, Money Markets and Derivatives. It is an integrated platform for Trade Processing using real-time workflow to manage the trade and settlement life-cycle.
There are 2 main strategic initiatives in the Murex platform space. The first is an ongoing program of work to migrate from legacy front to back FX processing systems on to Murex 3.1. The second is a new program starting in 2018 to migrate Derivatives processing from Murex 2.1 to Murex 3.1.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Key Descriptions of the role.
- manage Murex Application Development team members totaling 100+ resources are spread across Singapore, China and India.
- facilitate Murex rollout to FM FX, Rates, Commodities and Credit Businesses Globally
- define a strategy and execute a new project to migrate derivatives processing from Murex 2.11 to Murex 3.1
- perform risk assessment on changes and adherence to production change governance
- recommend improvement to deployment steps based on best practices
- contribute expertise to the management of existing and new Murex issues
- uphold high standards for timely issue resolution and continuous improvement
- play key SME role, the go-to-person for all things Murex
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The role entails significant complexity and scale in terms of the number of processes, countries, systems architecture, stakeholders, and aggressive timeframe.
- Work with business and technology stakeholders (CIOs and COO's) to Develop Strategy and Business Plans
- Define goals and set targets across the technical teams.
- Manage stakeholder relationships internally and externally at the Domain Heads, MD and COO level
- Vendor Management
- Architect solutions to meet Business Requirements.
- Shape and influence enterprise initiatives such as Trading Platforms, System Integration, reporting etc,
- Present business cases to Executive Leadership Teams and lobbied on behalf of multiple initiatives to secure funding for the next phase or whole-of-life projects costs; Experienced with stage-gated funding models for programs of work and large projects
- Develop best-practice standards and design guidelines for application development such as automation, Deployment, and maintenance
- Create and maintain a credible implementation plans
- Chair regular working groups / committees to track and report progress
People and Talent
- Manage and motivate the development teams, to deliver per plan and schedule. Holds people to account, recognizes good behavior and performance, proactively addresses poor performance
- Manages key stakeholders across business and technology.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling, and mitigating risks and issues to the project. Also, have an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the firm and the role the individual plays in managing them
- Raise all material issues and risks to the relevant stakeholders and project governance forums
- Apply rigorous planning, monitoring execution and proactively managing risks/issues to deliver in budget and on time
- Proficiently manage multiple projects concurrently in virtual, multi-cultural & highly matrix reporting structures
- Deliver projects requiring Global technology roll-outs, data migration, weekend cut over, Run book and Operational readiness process
- Execute the responsibilities of the role and implement the project according to the Bank's project management standards
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance' and willingness to work with auditors and regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of leading development teams on Murex 3.1/2.11 platform implementations from inception to go live
- In depth understanding of FM trade processing across FX, Rates, Commodities and Credit.
- Demonstrable experience in defining technology strategy, implementation plans and execution for large scale Murex transformation programs.
- Highly developed written communication skills, including a proficiency in using Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly developed communication and stakeholder management skills, able to converse in appropriate levels of detail with Business Heads, Frontline, Middle Office/Operations Risk, Legal & Compliance (L&C), Financial Crime Compliance (FCC), etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Murex and consider yourself a Technical SME
- Experience executing major Murex upgrades/new Murex rollouts
- Direct experience with vendor management and ensuring we get maximum service levels from our partners
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.