Head of Partner Solution Architecture, Partner Success APJ
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services - gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing at a staggering pace in terms of revenue, customers, people, and complexity.
This role is responsible for the PSA team based in the field operating with customer and partners at an opportunity level. The role is responsible for shaping and executing the technical strategy on how AWS teams work with partners & system integrators in helping customers adopt advanced cloud-based solutions and migrate existing on premise workloads to the cloud. This individual will hire and develop industry's best solution architect leaders, cloud solutions architects on solution selling, setting and driving strategy and goals, as well as how to continuously learn complex new technologies & how they translate to business results.
The successful candidate must be a proven leader of leaders, and will draw upon experience in technical leadership, go-to-market solution positioning, pre-sales, professional services and working in both a direct and matrix operating structure. The individual must have deep experience in managing multiple senior managers with technical teams and working with consulting partners, system integrators and ISV's.
Your responsibilities will include thought leadership and driving value creation for our partners, shaping technical solutions, growing the team, and interactions at the Director and VP level. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our partner development, sales, support, services teams, business development, marketing, partners, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
• Ensure partner technical success with AWS customers within APAC & Japan (APJ) region from demand generation, pre-sales, advisory, project delivery to steady state.
• Manage and develop multiple partner technical leadership relationships across a wide range of key partners within APJ.
• Contribute to the operational cadence of business reviews (MBR, QBR) with key partners in Americas
• Develop a deep understanding of AWS partners influence within AWS customers and their cloud journey.
• Hire, onboard, and develop new Solutions Architect managers from internal and external sources
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Drive efficiencies and operational improvements across the partner success SA function and be an active voice for change and improvement to the partner core teams.
• Collaborate with sales, marketing and partner management to build programs that support partner growth
• Work closely with other AWS teams, including Partner development teams, AWS Service teams, to improve AWS services overall and build cross-functional cohesion.
• Guide and motivate the development of patents, whitepapers, blog posts, public speaking opportunities and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices.
• Act as a conduit and liaison between partners, AWS customer teams, service engineering teams and support
• This is a regional role; expect moderate travel. Basic Qualifications
• Management/team leadership experience.
• 5+ years of experience leading and growing teams of senior technology professionals
• 5+ years of experience design/implementation/consulting experience of Enterprise systems
• Experience building and leading teams and have worked in matrix operating structures
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and drive goals to completion
• Strong verbal & written communication skills with senior leaders of technical and non-technical background
• Technical degree or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study or 12+ years of related work experience Preferred Qualifications
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Experience in interfacing with various types of consulting and system integrator partners; from cloud native, traditional large system integrators, value added resellers, and specialist providers.
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.