Head of Product and Propositions - Global Trade and Receivables Finance
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Oct 18
Head of Product and Propositions - Global Trade and Receivables Finance
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential.
Global Trade and Receivables Finance comprises over 4,500 people across more than 60 countries, helping suppliers and buyers with their export and import finance needs. Trade is where HSBC began in 1865, when we financed commerce between Europe, North America and Asia.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Head of Product and Propositions.
- Lead GTRF Structuring, Product, and Implementation in Singapore
- Singapore is a key hub for Regional Treasury Centres and Regional Head Offices for multinational corporations looking for working capital solutions that leverage HSBC's strong international network and product platforms. This role will drive our solutioning and implementation capability in Singapore.
- Material investments underway in our overall sales, product and service capability in Global Trade and Receivables Finance both Globally and in Singapore. This requires proactive in country leadership to ensure we develop client centric solutions which support our overall growth ambitions.
- Singapore also plays an important role in developing and testing new solutions and contributing to our innovation agenda, with key accolades such as our recent live Blockchain transaction. This role will be expected to make a material contribution to driving this forward.
- Drive commercialization of products and manage the product financials including revenues, costs and other key indicators
- Provide structuring and product expertise to stakeholders
- Implementation Methodologies, Tools and Techniques. Drive innovation and industry best practice in coordination with the Regional and Gobal and Regional Heads of Implementation in the development and delivery of client implementation methodologies, tools and techniques, leveraging an ever evolving FinTech Landscape as part of the end to end product fulfilment lifecycle. Develop the tools and techniques to support the provisioning, management and troubleshooting of technology based issues part of client implementation lifecycle.
- Programme and Change Management. Promote a culture of professional, programme and project leadership in a client facing delivery environment, with accountability for all implementation activities as part of client transition through the solutions delivery lifecycle to business as usual.
- Client Consultation. Build a truly collaborative client solutioning model, developing the organisational expertise to facilitate the client decision making process leveraging the optimum technology solutions, in line with desired product and technical capabilities and overarching business strategy.
- SCF Supplier Onboarding. Accountability for all Supplier Acquisition and Onboarding activities associated with Supply Chain Finance, relentlessly focus on individual programme and overall business performance as measured against key onboarding and revenue KPIs
- Strategy Execution. Drive business strategy development and execution, represent the GTRF business in key group level strategy development initiatives as it relates to the client journey.
- Governance and Control. Focus on the effective management of delivery, commercial and operational risk as part of deal execution and fulfilment lifecycle.
- Benefits Realization. Constantly strive to ensure alignment between projects outcomes, clients' business objectives and internal value based success criteria and KPIs.
- Continuous Improvement. Evaluate and improve the ways in which we work, leveraging the Voice of the Customer and employee feedback as part of an ongoing endeavour to maximize agility whilst driving customer satisfaction and overall business value.
- Extensive experience in a client facing delivery environment, ideally within a global financial services organisation
- Extensive global commercial banking and relationship management experience including an in depth knowledge of the Trade and Receivables Finance business, specifically Open Account Solutions and Payables and Receivables Financing
- Significant IT delivery knowledge and capabilities and ideally of HSBC Trade, SCF and Receivables Finance IT systems
- Expert in Project and Programme Management and structuring of projects and initiatives. Client facing technology delivery expertise desirable.
- Considered as a Thought Leader by industry peers
- Ownership of business continuity and improvement of customer journey end to end, from acquisition through to ongoing client management
- A sound knowledge of all aspects of Trade and Receivables Finance, including detailed knowledge of the trends within the Global Trade market
- Strong credit skills and risk management knowledge, developed across a number of lending activities and products
- Highly developed management skills, with experience in team building and managing a wide range of projects on a global scale
- Strong independent contributor, who is comfortable working in a self directed mode, on multiple assignments, where the teams will often be global and culturally diverse
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills coupled with ability to design and define solutions that add value to customer relationships
- Ability in identifying and resolving problems whilst maintaining budgets, time scales and quality of output in challenging environments
- Proven ability to provide clear leadership and direction, in the context of a global business and product area
- Portfolio, Progamme, and Project Management expertise
- Knowledge of Product and Solutions Structuring, and Implementation Methodologies, Tools and Techniques
- Knowledge of the Trade and Receivables Finance Product Fulfilment Lifecycle
- SCF Supplier Acquisition and Onboarding knowledge
- Knowledge of Direct and Indirect Channels, Integration and Connectivity solutions
- Technical Consultation. Understanding of business processes and information flows, security and contingency plans, and application architecture.
- Integration, configuration, connectivity and testing management expertise
- Knowledge of HSBCs Global Standards, GTRF Business policies and risk framework
- Knowledge of global market of Commodities and Structured Finance
- Strong understanding of global regulatory environment
- Understanding of solutions delivery in a client facing environment, and how these relate to delivering a positive client experience
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.