Head of Projects, Audit
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Bank is undergoing large transformation programmes to deliver agile technology development, cutting edge technology solutions and efficient operations processes, critical to enabling the realisation of the Bank's strategic aims.
The position has direct responsibility for projects audit coverage globally and Group-wide project reviews mandated by regulators. Key stakeholders within the remit of this role are:
- Internal GIA stakeholders; Functional Heads of Audit; providing audit service through the assessment of risk, and designing audit test programs for Projects, to be delivered through thematic or country mandated audits;
- Internal non-GIA stakeholders; Project Accountable Executives for key programmes and Project and Portfolio Management Office that reports to Chief Operating Officer; providing audit service through direct assessment of risk and periodic delivery of audits of second line of defence assurance and governance oversight.
- Develop the group-wide audit strategy for Projects and ensure that the coverage within individual audits implements and furthers that strategy.
- Ensure that the Projects audit portfolio considers the Group's strategy and can form an independent view of whether the key project risks in the organisation have been identified, including emerging and systemic risk and assess how effectively these risks are managed.
- Lead a specialist team to enable more targeted and focused audit coverage of Projects, and increased impact with key stakeholders.
- Directly responsible for the execution and effectiveness of the audit plan.
- Monitor audit costs to ensure that the budget targets are met.
- Drive cost efficiencies where possible without compromising on the effectiveness of the audits.
- Develop the Projects audit plan through risk assessment and top-down approach based on the inherent risks and knowledge of the risk profiles.
- Oversee the implementation and execution of the agreed audit plan and facilitate collaboration with the country audit and other functional audit teams to achieve a holistic approach to the assessment of risks and development of audit plan / strategy.
- Ensure audit activity in the Projects audit portfolio is sufficient to meet the requirements of regulators and Audit Committee if applicable.
- Embed a strong understanding and discipline of implementation of GIA methodology in the team.
- Provide oversight of GIA's Skillset Registry related to Projects, identifying requirements for additional training or certification and develop proposals for the Learning Council to ensure technology audits are performed to standard. Apply experience and skill to share knowledge within GIA.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from your team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating technology risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- Adopt an anticipatory approach to risk assessment through stakeholder communication and monitoring of the external environment to improve audit planning.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Projects Audit portfolio to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Global Business, Risk and Support Function heads of Projects.
- Chief Data Officer and direct reports
- Global Head, Governance and Change and direct reports
- External Auditors / Professional Services Companies
QUALIFICATIONS - training, licenses, memberships and certifications
- Significant experience within the banking and financial services industry, focusing on projects and enterprise data management domain.
- Experienced career internal (or external) auditor, or experienced project management and/or data management professional with deep subject matter expertise/knowledge.
- Solid understanding of the project and portfolio management function (and related policy, framework and standards) and enterprise data architecture for global banking and financial institutions.
- Up to date with key regulation / developments in Project and Data Management (including technology risk management)
- Knowledge of Banking controls and processes
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, with an ability to influence and an ability to gain the respect of senior management, regional stakeholders, peers and their teams
- Confident and courageous to raise/escalate issues in a pro-active, professional and timely manner