- Permanent, Full time
- Citibank NA
- 25 Apr 18
Head of Risk and Control Portfolio
Head of Risk and Control Portfolio
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18022456
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) function is responsible for strategic and operational management of the technology environment supporting Citi's Global Consumer Technology (GCB) function. Key responsibilities of the CTO include: enterprise architecture governance; technology innovation, strategy and roadmap development; software development technology, process and design standards; performance engineering and testing; development operations (devops) strategy and execution; operational management and optimization of infrastructure in conjunction with CTI; and production management of GCB's global application portfolio.
The Heads for Transformation and Risk Control Portfolios will report to the CTO Head of Business, Demand and Project Management and work in conjunction with business partners, control organizations and the CTO leadership team to execute CTO's strategic priorities, ensure a high standard of operational governance is in place and lead the agenda for project execution, including program and project management services across CTO to ensure technology projects are executed successfully, meet business requirements, and delivered on-time/on-budget. The Heads for Transformation and Risk and Control Portfolio is required to build a coherent multi-discipline program structure, to enable the repeated high quality delivery of innovative transformation projects, which combine technology, business and engineering solutions. The Heads of Transformation and Risk and Control Portfolios are pivotal to the successful coordination, orchestration and performance management of various internal and external suppliers to bring the solution for each designated initiative to fruition.
The Heads of Transformation and Risk and Control Portfolios also needs to ensure the engagement model for new initiatives to be brought into the program scope is clearly articulated, along with the identification of the pre-requisites needed. The Heads of Transformation and Risk and Control Portfolios needs to establish and operate within an agreed governance framework, with appropriate approval thresholds for finance, scope and schedule variances. The Heads of Transformation and Risk and Control Portfolios needs to ensure the delivery adheres to agreed product and engineering standards. The H eads of Transformation and Risk and Control Portfolios needs to ensure the end to end support strategy and execution model is in place to provide seamless operations for the business once an initiative moves into Production status.
Primary Roles And Responsibilities:
- Drive the delivery of risk and control initiatives on behalf of the CTO organization and its leadership; to include oversight of all delivery to ensure CAPs, Risk Exceptions and Issues owned by CTO are closed in line with expectations and pass independent validation; mixture of technology and process led change management initiatives
- Provide portfolio, program and project management direction and thought leadership for complex technical infrastructure provisioning initiatives.
- Confirm funding has been approved for the initiatives with sponsors and finance stakeholders, driving adherence to the appropriate financial control framework
- Define the engagement with the technology architects, Engineering (CATE) and wider GCT functions to confirm the technology initiative requirements, the associated technology products and the associated bill of materials
- Inform technology stakeholders of the initiatives strategy, its technology products, its execution strategy and the corresponding support model.
- Establish the resource strategy for each initiative encompassing all aspects of build, transition to BAU and post implementation operational support
- Ensure the resource strategy is underwritten by the internal suppliers for each discipline and the necessary commercial arrangements are in place for 3 rd party vendors
- Establish a communication plan to ensure stakeholders understand the initiative schedule, key milestones, delivery status, risks and issues across all program work-streams and sub-projects
- Manage the successful execution of sub-projects lifecycles, directing the delivery of all provisioning tasks
- Implement the appropriate risk management framework, quality control and production assurance protocols to guarantee the delivery of quality product implementations, on-time, on-budget
- Escalate significant program issues or risks to the executive steering group when appropriate
- Promote the development and implementation of process improvements within the organization of the program and it supporting functional processes
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Masters degree preferred and/or MBA
- Experience: 10-15 years managing complex Technology portfolio, programs and projects in a large corporate environment
- Demonstrable leadership experience and personal gravitas
- Expert communication skills, significant experience interacting with cross functional executive level stakeholders
- Specialized knowledge or broad technical understanding across complex technical infrastructure and application solutions
- Previous portfolio/program/project management, in a financial services or blue chip organization with either significant Technology or Facilities content
- Expert organization skills, demonstrated sense of responsibility; results oriented
- Expert people and team management skills; relationship builder and team player