- Permanent, Full time
- Space Executive Pte Ltd
- 16 Aug 18
Head of Software Engineering - Digital
Your mission as the Director of Software Engineering will be to lead the tech teams and build and maintain different products / services / engines that are part of the digital platform.
- Managing and contributing to the implementation, integration, ongoing design and development of projects, including guidance and alignment with business processes and structures;
- Managing the tech teams in your scope: build the team from scratch hiring, coaching to make people grow in their work and skills, organizing the team to deliver the best products / best value.
- Management of solution vendors when appropriate in conjunction with business stakeholders and other project managers
- Contributing to successful organizational change management, including the training and support of end users throughout implementation and post go-live;
- Transitioning the implemented solution to operational business owners.
- Be part of the leadership team to think about how to best organize our teams in the different software departments, how to build a culture on innovation and technology creating business value and promote it throughout the whole Group and outside to build our brand in the tech ecosystem in Singapore.
- Outsystems, that we use for rapid prototyping and rapid development when it makes sense
- Mulesoft as our integration platform between the different services we build
- Salesforce as CRM platform that our platform of services dialogs with
- We develop our products to be multi cloud platforms: Azure, AWS
- Confer with business analysts, product owners, and Chief Architect to discuss technology architecture, roadmap, and projects.
- Coordinate projects with delivery managers to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Analyze technology capabilities, resource needs, and business strategy, to plan and assess the roadmap together with the Chief Architect.
- Plan, direct, review, and approve design and changes as well as installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and support of implemented configurations.
- Recruit employees; coach and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competences.
- Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts, and support negotiation of contracts with vendors when needed.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing standards and procedures, and recommending decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Review and recommend or approve cost estimates.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to delivery managers and product owners.
- Cooperate with business analysts and product owners to prepare projects / ensure that clear backlogs are available for the teams.
- High leadership skills, having demonstrated ability to engage staff, motivate them, create a strong sense of ownership and of getting things done. Leading by example and coaching rather than by pure authority.
- Strong experience building products with a service oriented and APIs architecture, preferably with Mulesoft and also with integration / use of Salesforce
- A proven track record of bringing projects in on time and within budget
- Experience of the whole project life cycle in agile with a real know-how on deliver business value incrementally
- The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines, and to find the right balance being pragmatic while building
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyse situations and take appropriate action consistent with Company policies
- The ability to have a strong impact and influence key decisions
Please get in touch asap if keen - 63407318