The HR Business Partner role sits within the firmwide HR Business Partner organization – a Center of Excellence/Shared Service construct. The HR Business Partner’s responsibility is to consult with Global Wholesale Payment Ops, APAC Client Onboarding & Doc Mgt and APAC Market Operations (ex-Branches) to
The HR Business Partner role sits within the firmwide HR Business Partner organization – a Center of Excellence/Shared Service construct. The HR Business Partner’s responsibility is to consult with Global Wholesale Payment Ops, APAC Client Onboarding & Doc Mgt and APAC Market Operations (ex-Branches) to implement strategic HR initiatives and best practices that align with the business strategic priorities set by senior leaders. You will provide support to senior HR Business Advisors and senior managers on core HR activities. You will help senior managers engage with others in HR and with specialists to bring resolution to their HR-related matters.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include consulting with core management teams & leaders on employee relations, staffing, compensation, development, organizational and change management issues. You will partner with HR colleagues including the Learning & Development, Compensation management, and Recruiting teams to develop and implement specific HR programs directly aligned to business strategy including: incentive plans, JPMorgan Chase Employee Opinion Survey, 360 feedback, diversity initiatives, performance management and mobility and career development. Additionally, you will act as an employee advocate - ensuring that employees and managers are able to express concerns in a manner that is respectful of all individuals and supportive of our goal to be "The Employer of Choice."
This position will report to the HR Business Partner Lead and be aligned to support Global / Regional senior leaders and the HR Business Advisor within Global Wholesale Payment Ops (“WPO”), APAC Client Onboarding & Doc Mgt (“COD”) and APAC Market Operations (ex-Branches).
Responsibilities will include:
- Be a strategic advisor to Global WPO, APAC COD & Market Ops (ex-branches) and their management teams
- Develop and execute the people agenda, ensuring alignment to the global and regional business strategies and priorities
- Consult and partner with HR stakeholders on a broad range of people-related topics, including employee relations, leadership development, recruitment, compensation, organizational design, diversity and employee advocacy
- Advise business leadership and cascade the structuring and re-organizational changes deeper into Line of Business areas to institutionalize the new organization into BAU
- Support year-end compensation process, partnering with compensation, finance and/or business management, providing guidance on IC and salary planning as appropriate and supporting managers through compensation decisions.
- Support the performance and talent management cycle by partnering with leaders on an as-needed basis to handle succession planning needs and requirements, answer performance questions, issues and processes, supporting and providing guidance on the promotion process particularly during end-of-year timing
- Continuously update, expand, and proactively communicate, this knowledge to all relevant internal stakeholders across lines of business and functions.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key clients, stakeholders and HR colleagues to enhance communication flow within the broader regional/global HR team
- Facilitate feedback processes and other employee input initiatives, e.g. action plans based on Employee Opinion Surveys, Pulse Checks, etc.
- Support or participate in individualized development and coaching to managers and emerging leaders, as needed, and in partnership with the development team. This may include supporting action items that stem from leadership coaching provided by the aligned HRBP or an external coach
- Drive the development of a world-class HR culture by personal example, leadership and actions, incorporating local market conditions where relevant, but always with a view to best practices from an international perspective.
- Support cross-Line of Business and large scale initiatives
- Be a champion of HR process change. Analyze processes, data and trends to make recommendations to management team for continuous improvement
- Partner with HR colleagues of all levels to drive efficiencies and leverage best practices
- Lead and/or actively participate in HR projects, aligned to key identified HR priorities
Skills and Experiences
- 5 - 9 years of overall Human Resource experience (previous HR Business Partner experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree desired.
- Technical Knowledge: Knowledge of full range of people practices in a business setting: goal setting, performance assessment and improvement, compensation practices, talent review and talent management, workforce planning, reductions in force, manager development. Strong business acumen. Project management abilities including execution skills and end to end process improvement. Technically proficient in MS Office Suite – including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strategy and Analysis Skills: Able to translate business strategies/priorities/goals into people strategies/priorities/goals. Utilizes critical thinking and analytical skills regularly to identify issues and trends, develop solutions and/or recommendations to address root cause. Strong analytical, quantitative and technical skills that enable individual to leverage data to make data driven decisions and create HR strategies that support and drive business results
- Consultative, Coaching, and Influencing Skills: Ability to navigate a global matrix organization and partner on issues across HR and the business. Must be able to work collaboratively and to develop strong, positive working relationships. Proven track record in objectively coaching employees and management through complex, difficult issues and mitigating risks. Exceptional judgment, demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing alternative solutions in a fast paced environment. Ability to manage multiple tasks while remaining proactive and flexible in style. Excellent consulting, influencing and negotiation skills. Skilled at coaching and developing others, particularly managers and leaders. Able to quickly size up a complex people/business situation, sort through the facts, develop alternatives and make sound recommendations. Understands when to escalate. Challenges clients to question assumptions and think through problems.
- Teamwork: Promotes partnership by fostering a shared purpose, trust and teamwork across teams, businesses, functions, regions, and levels.
- Risk and Controls: Ability to handle large amounts of confidential/sensitive information on a frequent basis. Provides insight to clients to assess issues/potential risks and recommends actions. Ability to work in partnership with leadership to develop and ensure a business and people culture are in line with firmwide risk, control and conduct priorities; identifying gaps, risks and trends meaningful to building a great culture
- Other Desired Behaviors: Ability to push back and to tackle new challenges for the organization. Resiliency: focus and determination to influence multiple stakeholders. Intellectual Curiosity: to learn something new and ask lots of questions. Innovation: to keep ahead of trends and inspire as a thought leader. Chang
e Management and Project Management skillset.
This role is intended to be for an initial term of approximately 6 months only, however, subject to business needs, the contract may be extended or converted to permanent employment.