- Permanent, Full time
- Citibank NA
ICG (CB) - China Desk Head For ASEAN
ICG (CB) - China Desk Head For ASEAN
- Primary Location: Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Banking
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18016141
The China Desk Head is responsible for a portfolio of Chinese L3/L4 subsidiaries clients of Global Banking in Asean countries, to originate, coordinate and execute transactions and banking services in the region. The focus of the China Desk head is to originate new revenue from the full suite of ICG products, and build a strong relationship with the Chinese clients in APAC. It should be achieved in alignment with the parent relationship.
Chinese companies are rapidly going global, and their subsidiaries represent a huge banking opportunity for GSG. Cultural aspects of dealing with Chinese clients make it critical to have Chinese speaking bankers to cover these subsidiaries in Asia, at the regional level by leading the coverage efforts with GSG teams in countries to deliver.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of Chinese subsidiary client relationships across the region, with full accountability for the entire ICG wallet. Drive growth with Chinese L3/L4 subsidiaries in Asian countries following development of the arising Asia to Asia flows.
- Originate opportunities resulting in new net revenues for Citi with adequate returns on capital, through cross-sell of the full range of ICG products. Protect existing revenue streams and acquire new client relationships.
- Build strong relationships and senior access to the client organisation, enabling strategic dialogue. Become a true trusted advisor to Regional CFOs / Treasurers. Proactively identify opportunities and structure innovative solutions across products, tailored to client requirements.
- Develop in partnership with Subsidiary Account Managers, PAMs & product partners a strategic relationship account plan for all regional relationships, based on client priorities and the competitive landscape.
- Communicate regularly with in-country SAMs and Corporate Banking PAMs to ensure alignment with client objectives, and consistency in coverage, services and credit strategy for overall relationship growth.
- Coordinate and supplement sales & marketing efforts of in-country relationship managers and sales teams across the region, travelling to the countries whenever required.
- Organise client events focused on Chinese clients, in collaboration with China Corporate Banking team and Product partners.
- Maintain continuing awareness of and compliance with the bank's credit policies and regulatory requirements, and maintain the highest standards of risk management in providing credit approvals. Manage regional credit allocations as required.
- Maintain active engagement with decision makers in the client organisation with regular face-to-face meetings and annual relationship reviews.
- Negotiate credit and product documentation with clients in accordance with the bank's policies and guidelines.
- Enhance collaboration across all product and customer groups. Work effectively with regional and in-country product partners to structure and sell solutions across the product universe.
- Partner with other parts of the bank to drive overall client satisfaction, build client loyalty, and respond to client escalation issues.
- Actively engage with the Industry Heads to keep abreast of Industry trends and drive thought leadership.
Broadening of Regional / Network Relationship management skills, sales skills and knowledge of the entire ICG product suite. Leading and influencing virtual teams. Usage and refinement of credit skills. Multi-country and multi-cultural exposure and an appreciation of Chinese business culture. Opportunities to engage with senior management such as Global Treasurers/CFOs/Business Heads on clients. High visibility with Citi's senior management given the strategic importance of the EM growth strategy. Operating in a highly competitive market.
- Demonstrable experience in a local / regional / multi-regional product, and/or RM role
- Knowledge of TTS, FX, Corporate Finance & Credit products is mandatory
- International experience through managing Regional / Global cross-border relationships, networks and deal teams required
- Proven track record of successful relationship management with senior corporate personal, such as Group Treasury
- Credit skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to work on complex transactions and their implementation
- Knowledge of business Mandarin
- University Degree
- MA or MBA (beneficial)
- Strong work ethic, high energy level / roll-up-the-sleeves approach in order to support team members as needed.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to navigate complex client organisation structures.
- Ability to understand quickly the assigned clients' businesses, needs and operating environment.
- Adaptable / flexible to new ideas and new business processes. Motivation and active enthusiasm for all aspects of the China Desk role
- Team-player, co-operates and communicates effectively with other regional team members and senior management
- Proven track record for leadership at all levels. Acts as a role model or coach for other team members
- Self-starter, results-oriented, self-assured, independent, analytical, strong communication & presentation skills
- Mature, professional and objective when dealing with others.
- Proven ability to function effectively, and lead cross-border global / regional virtual teams, whilst networking with other partners to offer multi-product regional / global solutions to clients