IPB - Sales Manager
The Consumer Sales Sr Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for growing and managing international client relationships; leveraging and cross selling Citi financial products and services including and not limited to banking lending and investments.
- Proactively build and develop relationships with new and existing clients to meet business objectives including asset consolidation, diversification.
- Provide ongoing portfolio review and proactive financial advice.
- Recommend and cross sell appropriate Citi products and services to meet clients' financial goals including lending/banking products, investment banking, brokerage services and investments.
- Understand and explain global markets and economic conditions to clients
- Leverage financial planning tools to determine prudent investment strategies for clients
- Protect the Bank and client by complying with relevant policies, procedures and country legal/regulatory requirements; effectively communicate client risks so the customer fully understands
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years recent financial advisory experience preferred
- Excellent client service skills Ability to handle client concerns with tact and professionalism
- Series 7 and 66 (or equivalent) is strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Consumer Sales Job Family:
Consumer Sales Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting