IT Business Analyst
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 16 Mar 18
Do you have a knack for problem solving? A tendency to dig in, understand issues, clarify with stakeholders and design solutions? We're looking for someone like that who can help us:
– determine required IT business solutions and assist in implementing them
– conduct requirements-gathering activities, like evaluating services, using a variety of internal and external data and conducting stakeholder meetings
– support the business engineer by describing the business processes, including the organizational structures involved
– evaluate and mitigate risks by effectively partnering with multiple teams in global locations
– assist in quality control (test cases, performance impact) and project management
– identify people and systems impacted by functional and non-functional requirements
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the Payment Capability of Group Technology in Singapore. As a Business Analyst you will be engaged with finding solutions to business initiatives mainly in the portfolio of Payments Services and cash accounting. During the SDLC phases you will work closely together with delivery organization based in CH, other interfacing teams and with APAC Ops stakeholders. Software design/implementation and quality assurance will be done in close collaboration with dedicated development and testing teams, based on the user stories, use cases, business rules and acceptance criteria you have defined.
Your experience and skills
- Knowledge of payments clearing systems and processes such as SWIFT, RTGS/ACH payment messaging in Japan, Singapore & Hong Kong markets
- At least 5+ years' experience on IBM mainframe projects as analyst.
- IT development experience under IBM OS/390 MVS environment CICS, DB2, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, MQ Series, FTP, Connect:Direct, MFT, ChangeMan, job scheduler desirable
- Knowledge of SWIFT message type MT1XX, MT2XX or the equivalent of the ISO20022 standard would be a plus
– business analysis or project management experience in the financial industry
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out)
– expert in applying business analysis techniques and in producing high quality work-products
– an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills and comfortable working with varied stakeholders
– a flexible, resilient team player with a positive attitude and able to work across teams and functions
– known for your can-do attitude when tackling daily tasks
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.