Our client is an international commodity trading company which is a market leader in its field.
Design and prepare IT Budget
o Collate data from the various IT departments and other sources to determine the IT budget for the financial year.
o Consolidate the information into budget categories and show the information split into OPEX and CAPEX.
Track IT budget
o Extract information from the Finance systems to determine how actuals are tracking against the IT budget.
o Work with the Head of IT to produce reporting which can track actuals versus budget by cost code, using information from the accounting system as the source of truth for all actuals.
o Ensure spend stays in line with the agreed budget and alert if not.
Support IT procurement process
o Centrally track list of vendors and renewal dates for agreements.
o Ensure products and services are purchased in the most time and cost efficient manner.
o Support negotiation processes.
o Evaluate supplier contracts to ensure terms are beneficial
o Manage contract renewal process with suppliers and negotiate acceptable terms.
Management of IT invoices:
o Act as the point of contact for all IT invoices both from an external supplier perspective and internal department perspective (e.g. with the Finance team).
o Analyse incoming IT related invoices to determine which budget category they belong to as well as any associated tax implications.
o Pass invoices over to the Finance team and work with them to ensure information is captured accurately in the accounting system.
Liaise with the Finance team in performing reconciliation checks:
o Work closely with the Finance team to ensure invoices are processed correctly (including tax treatments) and accounted for appropriately as CAPEX or OPEX, as well as monitoring and tracking the records in the accounting system against the budget.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent professional degree
* Minimum 5-7 years of relevant working experience
* Good Excel and PowerPoint skills and comfortable in analysing data in Excel using pivot tables and basic formulas
* Able to work independently with minimal supervision, strong self-initiative
* Good verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate effectively with people at all levels
* Strong team player and collaborate with other departments in managing the IT budget effectively
* Experience of working in a procurement capacity/role
Good remuneration package in a growing and successful commodity trading company.
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Gavin Teo (Lic No: R1328332) on +65 6416 9835