- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 23 Apr 18
IT Engineering (Network)
IT Engineering (Network)The candidate will develop, engineer and implement the Core IT technologies strategy, solutions and standards for the group. He ensures the robustness, effectiveness and efficiency of the core technologies. He also drives to optimize the functionality and capability of the existing core technologies. The scope includes Networking, Security, Server, Storage, Desktop, End User Collaboration, Data Protection, and evolving IT technologies.
To accomplish their core duty of designing and implementing IT technologies:
- Analyze business requirements to identify where they can integrate new hardware, operating systems, or connectivity solutions.
- Perform analysis and testing functions in the evaluation of technology solutions, and execution of test plans to ensure product meets requirements.
- Recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance existing infrastructure to support organisational goals.
- Develop standards and core builds for the new technologies.
- Develop and document the proposed technical design for the integration and implementation of any new infrastructure technologies across the IT department.
- Create detailed plans for the integration of new systems into existing infrastructure. This includes logistical plans, physical integrations, technical direction and support.
- Participates in evaluating the success of the new IT infrastructure technologies implemented, identifying best practices, lessons learned and incorporate the information into future integration plans.
- Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in a Technical role in his/her domain.
- Possess professional certification in his/her domain (e.g. CCIE, MSCE, CISSP).
Possess good technical knowledge with proven track records in Core IT infrastructure engineering:
- An ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task.
- A desire to remain up to date with changes in technology.
- The capacity to explain complex IT matters in layman's terms.
- An understanding of what a business and its users need and expect from an IT infrastructure technologies.
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities.
- Possess deep technical knowledge and ability to optimize and develop engineering standard in his/her domain.
- Possess good technical knowledge and ability to define the integration plan with the technology beyond his/her domain.
- Drive to deliver results, and the willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Quality mindset with prevention attitude to attain zero defects.
- Creative thinking in problem solving, proactive and fast learner.
- A good team player and able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move towards consensus.
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills, highly organized and able to interact professionally and appropriately at all levels of the organization.