IT Operations Engineer, Asia Pacific Technology
Hong Kong | Singapore
About IT: Our Technology department delivers all technology solutions used within the firm. Technology seeks individuals that are highly proficient in their respective technology platform, articulate, solution driven, client focused and proactive in building their technology skills.
If you want to join a world-class investment management organization that operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and rewards talent with recognition and increased responsibility, then this is the right opportunity.
Roles & Responsibilities: The primary task for this role is to provide direct day-to-day service to the local office users by investigating and resolving problems and by providing information about the application and system. Application Support will do this in close collaboration with regional/global support teams.
- Acts as the first point of support for system incidents including trading application
- Level 1, 2, trading for Trader, Portfolio Managers and Analysts
- Level 1 Market Data service support and document requests for trading tool enhancements
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Capable of making independent decisions while mitigating risk
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves functional and technical problems and business critical incidents through research and analysis of trends, root causes, and business impact
- Perform daily AM and PM checks per documented processes and procedures
- Generate ad hoc quantitative and qualitative analysis reports for users
- Tracking change requests and high severity incidents in accordance with defined service levels
- Proactively supports knowledge sharing within the IT team
The person in this role must have a strong understanding of market structure and trading systems in domestic and international markets. In addition to strong technical skills, the candidate must have excellent communication/interpersonal skills and possess a strong ability to work independently or as a team member in regional/global teams. A strong desire to learn and gain exposure to the business side of a trading operation is critical to success in this position.
Job Requirements: Minimum 5 year in supporting financial data applications and service.
- Eager to learn and open minded
- End-to-end incident resolution for the clients
- High client satisfaction scores and positive user perception and feedback
- Escalation of critical incidents and identification of patterns in recurring incidents
- Resolutions of incidents in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to communicate via producing documentation at all levels, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating systems knowledge with technology skills
- Dedicated and conscientious
- Team player
- Demonstrated ability to produce results in complex environments.
- Strong Level 1 support and intermediate Level 2 support
- Good understanding of FIX messaging protocol and set up FIX connections
- Good experience in supporting Order/Execution Management System
- Good experience of conducting FIX test with broker
- Good knowledge of market data application e.g. Bloomberg and Reuters products
- Good understanding of Equities trading workflow
- Basic SQL knowledge Business Knowledge:
- Able to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Basic knowledge on how financial industry works
We take care of our people We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- Competitive retirement program
About Point72 Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here .
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.