IT Project Manager (Associate Director / Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Build your career with Bank of Singapore as a Project Manager
in our Project Office
At Bank of Singapore (BOS), we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group's global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
The role requires end-to-end oversight and hands-on project management skills through initiation, planning, analysis, design, testing, implementation as well as rollout/stabilization and entails regular contacts with both Technology and Business stakeholders. The project manager is to provide timely updates to all governance bodies and senior stakeholders on the progress of the projects, impacts to projects, major milestones and risks to projects on a regular as well as need-to basis. The position requires direct involvement in solution architecture discussions to enable the progressive build of a Service Oriented Architecture around the technology platform.
The project manager is also expected to be liaise with external vendors, monitor and coordinate efforts between multiple vendors in the seamless delivery of the project.
He/she should work in partnership with Business stakeholders and Operations and Technology to deliver projects with agreed scope, schedule, budget and quality. Responsibilities:
- Prepare project feasibility studies, cost-benefit analysis and proposals and obtain required approvals from appropriate IT management and project sponsors
- Establish project plans, resources, budgets and time-frames, and assign tasks
- Identify, track and communicate project progress, milestones, deliverables changes and dependencies within the schedule, costs, issues and risks
- Manage project team's performance of project tasks, provide technical advice and guidance, schedule assignments and training for development, prepare performance appraisals
- Coordinate project activities across multiple development, product management, user experience and QA teams in a matrix organization
- Secure acceptance and approval of deliverables or revisions to the project from the project sponsor and stakeholders
- Manage vendor relationship and deliverables
- Evaluate and recommend purchases of software packages, hardware and service vendors where appropriate
- Ensure work deliverables are in compliance with bank policies and regulatory requirements
- Plan for and oversee preparation of documentation of each project phase (business requirements, functional specification, project plan, test strategy, test plan, etc), training and support in new/modified applications
- Tertiary education required
- More than 10 years in project management in IT in Investment/Private Bank delivering projects exceeding S$ 1 mil
- Knowledge in Portfolio Management or Advisory Platform will be an advantage
- Understanding of technical aspects of system integration in a mix technology environment Certification or formal training in project management is an advantage
- Self-starter with excellent leadership and team building skills
- Ability to resolve complex problems creatively
- Experience in managing senior stakeholders