BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
Act as a Project Manager cum Business Analyst in the APAC region for core banking applications. Key Responsibilities
To take ownership of the full Project Management Lifecycle of projects from across the APAC region for multiple core banking applications across various business lines.
• Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
• Communicate project details and schedules to the Business as required
• Maintains project documents repository in Sharepoint
• To apply standard quality assurance methodology
• Use standard tools and templates for reporting and change requests
• Risk monitoring on quality, delay and costs, reporting of any major issue or deviation to management
• Conduct workgroup and steering committee meetings
• Participate in Change Control Board (CCB) meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
Deliver the appropriate documents required by projects or enhancement requests
• Collection and review of user requirements
• Ability to think creatively and have a passion for solving complex challenges
• Obtain sign-off of user requirements
• Prepare functional specifications
• Obtain sign-off for functional specifications
• Prepare test scenario
• Conduct systems integrated testing
• Conduct users training
• Users acceptance test planning
• Coordination of users acceptance testing
• Obtain sign-off for users acceptance testing
• Provide effort estimation for enhancement requests Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
The following qualities are also expected from the candidate:
• Excellent verbal and written English and ability to tailor communication to various audiences
• The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
• Ability to adapt to a new environment and to work under pressure towards tight deadlines;
• Ability to manage changing priorities;
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion;
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work with and manage remote teams.
• Must be a team player; able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet competing/changing deadlines
• An eye for detail, have good time management and be able to prioritize multiple tasks
• Proficient in SQL, COBOL, Unix is a must with Java, an added advantage;
• Background in application development process, Agile, Waterfall, JIRA, Clarity, Sailpoint, Cyberark, ServiceNow etc;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook applications
• Experience/Certification with one or more project management methodologies (for example, PMI PMBOK, PRINCE2 and Agile) will be an added advantage
Minimum of 8 years' IT experience within banking/financial industry on full life-cycle projects.
Prior knowledge in Cross Border Payments, SWIFT, Trade and Corporate Loans preferred