IT Service Manager
Who we're looking for
Reporting to the GT Client Services Manager, APAC, the responsibility of the IT Service Manager will be to ensure consistent, high quality delivery of IT Services to the business by enforcing the Global Service Management principles across the APAC region. The role will primarily cover a range of ITSM processes, which includes but not limited to Incident Management, Request management, Change management, Problem Management, Catalogue Management, Major Incident Management, Service Integration, Hardware Asset and Configuration Management, ensuring alignment to global standards whilst doing so. In addition, the role includes a responsibility of providing operational oversight of the Penang Service Desk operation, ensuring day to day operations key performance indicators are met, and driving value from the provider.
The role will cover from the APAC start of day and requires a flexible and priority driven work approach as service escalations will require immediate response. Some activities may need to be performed outside core business hours, and include being on-call during weekends and public holidays. The candidate will be expected to work collaboratively with other colleagues, IT suppliers and partners; both locally, within region and globally. Good communication skill is a must, both to business users and others within Global Technology. The candidate will be expected to design, manage and on-board services and processes through Continual Service Improvement, and play an instrumental delivery role within formal projects or BAU initiatives. The team
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings. The GT IPS team provides high quality support and project/change capability for all infrastructure components both in Singapore and across the Asia-Pacific region, working closely as part of the global team. What You Will Do
The Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications That You Need
- Responsible for ITSM processes and related services across the APAC region
- Track and drive SLA compliance for all incidents and requests, ensuring all breached records are followed up with the responsible operation teams across Global Technology
- Conduct problem investigation, drive outstanding problem task to closure
- Manage global Major incidents during APAC time zone
- Facilitate on boarding of new services to be ready for production support
- Have an oversight of change records and drive process adherence and improvement
- Tooling administration, keep components updated, such as Service Catalogue and CMDB
- Be an advocate for the Global IT Service Management team by enforcing global standards and processes, yet ensuring they meet APAC requirement by participating in the improvement of global process
- Work with Global IT teams, functional owners and vendors to deliver consistent service throughout the APAC region.
- Actively seek areas for proactive improvement which realise efficiencies or improve the service delivery offering.
- Produce service governance materials and assist in representation of IT to the business.
- Provide operation oversight of Service Desk based in Penang/Horsham during APAC hours
- Manage Service Desk escalation from users and IT stakeholders, ensuring timely follow up till closure of escalation
- Analyse Service Desk metrics to identify trends / concerns
- Vendor management on Service Desk service provider, ensuring the right value and performance are achieved.
The Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications That Will Help
- At least 3-5 years of demonstrable track record of working in an IT Service Management role
- Have a history of working in a mission-critical environment.
- Background in financial services or similar regulated industry is a must
- Advanced knowledge of ITIL Service Operation processes, and broad understanding for the rest of ITIL framework processes.
- Have experience in managing Service Desk operation / service.
- Exposure to a broad range of infrastructure and end user related technologies.
- A general appreciation of infrastructure and application architecture
- Previous experience in managing major incident management, incident and request management, SLA management, problem management, change management
- Previous usage / administration of ServiceNow toolset
What you'll be like
- An understanding of fund management business and processes.
- Previous experience working in a Service Management function
- Experience of working with commercial or in-house application packages that support the asset management industry.
- Exposure to broad range of infrastructure such as Wintel, Database, Networking technologies, Cloud, automation, VDI and enterprise storage solutions
- Experience in supporting traders / dealing environment would be advantageous.
- Positive attitude and capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to work collaboratively in a regional team.
- A flexible approach to working hours as evening and weekend escalated on-call work is required.
- Enjoys analysing and solving problems
- Ability to work as part of a team across time zones and to share information with the wider team.
- An inquisitive thinker, with attention to detail.
- Committed to deliver innovative and quality service
- Willing to learn and willing to train