IT System Engineer
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 22 Oct 17
Are you adept at implementing system changes? Do you know how to work effectively with numerous technical teams to improve core infrastructure? We're looking for someone like that who can help us:
– propose and implement systems enhancements
– monitor usage and performance, and troubleshoot server, software, and hardware issues
– analyze complexity and feasibility of new or changed requirements
– within specified architecture, define platform requirement sizing, network and controlling components, and system software
– plan, evaluate, migrate, develop, implement, configure, test and roll out systems (hardware or software, networks, controls)
– analyze outages and defective states, initiating and monitoring measures to remedy them
– proactively respond and provide support to escalations from level 1/2 support teams
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the Global Hosted Services (GHS) Level-3 operations team. We are responsible for infrastructure build projects and level 3 operations support of the GHS platforms globally which include all the technologies within remote connectivity and remote desktop services. The candidate requires both hands-on technical experience and the ability to interface with stakeholders across ranks and functions.
Your experience and skills
– a university degree computer science, management information systems or professional certifications
– experience working with products supporting/building virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) in a large-scale distributed environment (preferably in the finance industry) with a strong bias towards automated deployment and operations
– minimum 5 years hands-on experience with Citrix Netscalers, Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp and Citrix Storefront/Web-Interface technologies
– hands-on experience with Juniper Secure Access technologies
– technology experience in multiple infrastructure technologies, such as Citrix PVS, AppSense, VMware vSphere, VMware vRops, VMware AppVolumes will be highly desirable
– Powershell scripting or experience coding for automation
– ability to work outside business hours, including some weekends, and be available for on-call duties
– understanding of ITIL processes and procedures
– analytical and logical (you can solve problems like nobody's business)
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.