IT Vendor Manager (Procurement)
- Permanent, Full time
- Avaloq Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- 20 Oct 18
IT Vendor Manager (Procurement)
Help Us to Shape the Banking of Tomorrow
Avaloq is driving the digital transformation and automation of the financial services industry.
Our clients are the leading banks of today and tomorrow. Based on our fully integrated banking software, we create powerful digital experiences provided through a standardized Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS) model to banks and wealth managers.
To further spur innovation, we work with clients, other fintechs, universities and hundreds of third-party developers in a uniquely collaborative way we call the Avaloq Ecosystem.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Avaloq has more than 2,000 employees and has a presence in the world's most demanding financial and innovation centres, including Berlin, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Paris, Singapore and Sydney.
More information is available at www.avaloq.com
Brief Job Description
The IT Vendor Manager will join the Sourcing & Vendor Management team to perform sourcing, contract negotiations and vendor management functions.
This role has a global remit and reports into the Head of Sourcing & Vendor Management within the Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS) Business Management function.
Your main responsibilities
The IT Vendor Manager will aggregate demand, source for IT products/services, negotiate IT contracts and manage the commercial relationship with vendors.
This role provides opportunity for direct interaction with senior management in business, technology and vendors.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Ensures that sourcing and vendor management objectives and KPIs are achieved.
- Evaluates vendor base for cost savings opportunities; monitors and analyses trends in spending in order to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings.
- Ensures the compliance with all regulatory as well as internal policies and guidelines; maintains documentation and records required to demonstrate compliance.
- Recommends and establishes the sourcing and vendor management strategy, processes, and procedures that are consistent with corporate policy, requirements and sound commercial, legal and ethical practices.
- Reviews and streamlines processes to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Responsible for the systematic execution of processes and procedures for the timely and cost effective purchasing of products and services.
- Enable and empower people, process and technology efficiencies balancing overall cost, quality and risk.
- Must quickly attain a basic understanding of all product and service needs, and must maintain knowledge of changing technologies.
- Reviews purchase requisitions for products and services.
- Solicits, receives and analyzes proposals and quotations and recommends selection of suppliers in accordance with corporate policies and legal compliance.
- Establish new vendor relationships while maintaining and managing the existing vendor relationships.
- Build effective and strategic partnership with strategic vendors including outsourced service providers.
- Implement and run governance regimes to manage outsourced service providers.
- Develops and negotiates commercial contracts and performs on-going contract management; handles commercial dispute resolution.
- Monitors vendor contracts to ensure terms and conditions are met.
- Creates, negotiates and incorporates contract amendments, renegotiating the contract, if required, to accommodate changes in organization requirements.
- Continually seeks optimal value in service from vendors, reviewing and monitoring performance and return-on-investment metrics and initiating contract modifications.
- Plans and conducts structured business reviews of existing vendors; the annual/bi-annual reviews involving cross-functional stakeholders cover compliance of products/services against contractual obligations, product quality, service performance and capabilities, contract disputes and revisions as well as financial and legal standing of the vendors.
- Consolidates and analyses data to compile management reports.
- Represent TIS to interface with central functions such as Group Procurement & Partner Management.
- Degree qualifications
- At least 5 years' experience in IT sourcing and/or vendor management.
- Good understanding of contract and financial concepts.
- Prior experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
- Able to engage and manage stakeholders in a global multi-cultural environment and across different functions.
- Need to be results-oriented, meticulous and resourceful.
- Possess strong work ethics, adaptable to changes and keen to learn.
- Excellent team player, self-driven and able to work under pressure.
A high level of self-sufficiency in your area of work and an open work-culture awaits you! Click the "Apply Online" button now to apply to this position.
Kindly note that only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for next steps. We look forward to receive your application!