- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
- Job Description Summary
- Job Description
- Takes the lead in all aspects of enterprise data management implementation/configuration at a client's site.
- Strong analytical skills with good knowledge of requirements elicitation, stakeholder management, use-case definition and other business analysis techniques.
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the financial services industry and associated technologies.
- Provides consulting services to customers including identifying needs, developing, influencing, documenting and implementing proposals.
- Discusses proposed solutions for complex systems with customer and acts as hands-on resource for development.
- Trains/mentors/coaches less experienced analysts and consultants, and facilitates client trainings.
- Supports and contributes to EDM best practices from project and product experience gained.
- May develop and document functional specifications to define detailed input and output, file content, systems functions and so on.
- Participates in pre-sales activity often demonstrating product functionality and proposed enhancements.
- May provide business requirements specifications on which to base development work upon. Communicates with clients and keeps appropriate management updates throughout the implementation project life cycle.
- Supports the Project Manager in establishing implementation cost and time estimations and on all business aspects and issues throughout the Implementation project life cycle.
- Capable of quality testing the project deliverables ensuring they are in line with documented requirements.
- Leads business handover meetings to ensure IHS Markit EDM Support have a thorough understanding of the implementation.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
Education and experience
- Candidates should be university degree level educated or equivalent and possess 6-10 years of relevant IT professional experience, with at least 3 years as Business Analyst.
- Proven track record of software implementation experience in a business analysis and development capacity ideally gained across buy-side and sell-side environments
- Practical experience of delivering Agile based projects, integration projects and Market / Master Data Management.
- Strong technical experience with database practices and SQL language is a must, and preferably experience in scripting, writing stored procedure/functions and data modelling.
- Previous Markit EDM Phase 1 implementation and/or Certification in EDM Core & User Interface and Advanced courses would be advantageous.
- Strong business acumen is essential.
- Familiar with financial instruments and markets.
- Knowledge in Security Master, Independent Price Verification (IPV) and Profit and Loss (PnL), and Reconciliation would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to prioritize activities by managing a constantly evolving plan measured against client requirements.
- Experience in leading and coaching a team of talented individuals, focusing on their strengths and business needs to achieve high performance and desired outcomes.
- A natural, consultative style is essential to build client relationships and meet the evolving demands of a wide and diverse client base.
- An ability to understand clients' business requirements through an on-going consultative engagement and map these into a set of objectives for the implementation of IHS Markit EDM, deliver a testing strategy and steer a project towards go live.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to present and demo to various levels from COO to developer, discussing strategic objectives and delivering solutions across a wide array of requirements.
- An ability to have the tougher conversations sometimes required to keep a project on track.
- Fluent written and spoken English language.
- Good level of written and spoken Chinese Mandarin would be advantageous.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Team Player and able to interact with product, operations and technical teams in a professional manner.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.