Incident Response (Cyber)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The mission of the Global Technology division is to provide a highly reliable and commercial technology platform, which supports the Firm's strategy, delivered by an innovative, world-class team of professionals. There are ten divisions within Technology.
Technology & Operations Risk (TOR) is part of the Global Technology and Operations organization and manages operational and technology related risks on behalf of the Firm. The group's key principles are to provide proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management, to enable the execution of the Firm?s strategy.
TOR's mandate is to enable the Firm to manage its technology and data related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices across the Firm to protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TOR team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology and Data understands how to manage, escalate and monitor risk.
Morgan Stanley is looking for a Security Analyst to join the Firm's Security Operations Center (SOC). The global SOC provides a 24/7 first point of contact for security related incidents within the firm. Its members monitor the Firm?s environment for abnormal behavior and potential security breaches. Analysts review, triage, and investigate security alerts, and respond to or escalate security incidents.
- Investigate cyber security incidents and threats.
- Interact with stakeholders and leadership teams as part of the response and remediation efforts.
- Improve the detection, escalation, containment and resolution of incidents.
- Enhance existing incident response methods, tools, and processes.
- Maintain knowledge of technologies and the threat landscape.
- Assist during non-core business hours during an emergency, critical or large-scale incident. Qualifications:
Candidates should have a genuine interest in cyber security and a good understanding of the tactics, techniques and procedures of attackers. This role requires a detail oriented, critical thinker who can anticipate issues and solve problems. Candidates should be able to analyze large datasets to detect underlying patterns and drive to a root cause analysis.
- 2+ years experiences (or equivalent) with Security Analysis and Incident Response (i.e. working in SOC/CIRT/CSIRT/CERT).
- Understand the concept of a threat across multiple technologies and think like an adversary.
- Sound understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts; security alerts and incidents.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills are required in order to communicate findings and recommendations.
- Experience with investigating common types of attacks; network packet analysis; log analysis and reviewing security events.
- Experience applying Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) techniques in support of investigations.
- Knowledge on Windows processes and Active Directory
- Able to work on extended working hours during incidents
- Subject matter expert in one or multiple areas such as Windows, Unix, anti-virus, firewalls, intrusion detection, network and host based forensics.
- Scripting (Python, BASH, Perl, or PowerShell), coding or other development experience.
- In-depth knowledge of security event management, network security monitoring, log collection, and correlation.
- Experience in Splunk usage or administration.
- Experience in Security Orchestration and Automated Response (SOAR) usage
- Industry certifications: GCIH, GNFA, GREM or other related SANS certifications
- Experience in the financial industry.
- Understanding of Cloud Security
- Knowledge on OWASP Top 10