Indirect Tax Services, Senior Associate/Associate
Keeping abreast with Goods and Services Tax (GST) requirements is a constant challenge for many businesses. KPMG Tax Services assists organisations with their tax compliance obligations and in enhancing their commercial value through tax planning, and incorporating tax strategies into an overall business strategy. KPMG's services are designed to provide clients with innovative and yet effective approaches to their indirect tax challenges. The successful candidate will be:
• Providing advice on the Singapore GST treatment of transactions and conducting GST health checks on the GST returns of businesses.
• Reviewing and providing advice on the GST compliance processes.
• Preparing and reviewing clients' GST return worksheets and GST returns prior to submitting them to Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS).
• Supporting consultancy in Singapore GST and assisting clients in making GST ruling applications to the IRAS. The ideal candidate should:
• Possess a University degree and/or post-graduate qualification in Accounting, Finance, Business or Law.
• Possess a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in the area of GST.
• Possess an accreditation by SIATP will be an added advantage.
• Have strong research and report writing skills and an analytical mind.
• Be outward-looking, people-oriented with great communication skills.
• Have leadership qualities and the ability to work effectively in a team.